Tell me about - webrpg.com

THE PATRIOT

Okay so I'm looking into PBEM possabilities and I was directed to this site. Problem is there doesn't appear to be any specific information on just what the product is. Can anybody give me an idea and recamendations?

THE PATRIOT

Real heroes take the bullet. Especially when it bounces off your chest.

Re: Tell me about - webrpg.com

Originally posted by THE PATRIOT

Okay so I'm looking into PBEM possabilities and I was directed to this site. Problem is there doesn't appear to be any specific information on just what the product is. Can anybody give me an idea and recamendations?

The last time that I looked at it, it was basically chat room software with sound effects, dice rollers, and fully interactive maps and miniatures.

Once they started charging a fee, I switched to OpenRPG, which does the same thing (no sounds though) and it's free.

OpernRPG is much better in my opinion. Seemed MUCH less laggy and more stable. When I used WebRPG it crashed a lot (like if someone closed a characrter sheet that you had open - you'd go down) and just got slow. I got sick of it. Other than one buggy release that didn't like OS older than Windows 2000 (since fixed) I've never really had a problem with crashing or lagging.

Assuming you have players that enjoy writing and are good at it on the fly, OpenRPG can be very enjoyable. I've had tons of fun with it with my online group, all of whom write very well and can think (type) on their feet. Having nice maps and some good color minis adds to the experience tremendously, as does having some character pics uploaded to a personal website. You can send links to these pics and other useful things inside the chat. If you learn how to use the Hero Die Roller function in it you'll have even more fun, especially if you use the formulas to make to-hit roll, attack roll, damage roll, and skill roll buttons on your sheet. I actually have elimated a lot of rolling by using Hero Combat Simulator in addition, letting it roll and keep track of damage and END, and then just narrate what happens to the players. They all seem to enjoy this approach. None of them are sure EXACTLY how much damage they've dealt or how badly they're hurt so they really have to role-play it out. IT's a blast for me. I feel less inhibited and can think of better dialogue and use accents moreseo than in my face-to-face games. I highly recommend it.

Originally posted by Nato

Assuming you have players that enjoy writing and are good at it on the fly, OpenRPG can be very enjoyable.

I haven't actually tried it yet, so I'm not sure how much cumulative bandwidth it would use, but I was considering combining OpenRPG with Roger Wilco. Then you don't have to worry about "Wait. Wait. I have a long message to type."

You can directly talk to each other with RW and use OpenRPG for dice and maps.

Originally posted by Armitage

I haven't actually tried it yet, so I'm not sure how much cumulative bandwidth it would use, but I was considering combining OpenRPG with Roger Wilco. Then you don't have to worry about "Wait. Wait. I have a long message to type."

Now this is brain storming. This could be a very interesting way to role play on the fly. It reminds me of the way a friend and I would play by phone ages ago in the 80's when we were just "kids". Heck, I could get the kids to bed and have an hour game segment before cleaning gets done from the mess the kids have made all day...okay maybe after the mess gets cleaned.

That is a very good idea, I ran a couple champions games on openrpg, but my typing speed never seemed up to it. Have to give roger wilco a look over.