Lockdown:Further Questions

Libra

The guy was strange. Sure he was well-dressed and had all the right papers, but Bruce Kane had not become chief of police for Shawshank, New Mexico by being stupid. He could tell something was off-kilter. The Guy had a down-easter accent that could make you feel cold just hearing it, and a suit you could live comfortably off for a year if you sold it and ...

"Chief Kane?"

Damn! the guy had seen he was'nt paying attention.

"Sorry. Lot on my mind"

"Certainly".

"What was it you wanted?"

"I'm here on behalf of a government agency. They want me to analyse the vigilante known as Lockdown. We understand that he operates in your city, and we want to know what you have on him, from his known habits, to whatever enemies he has made and jailed, specifically those referred to as his "Rogues Gallery".

The Chief blinked. "What for?"

"We . . . have our reasons, which must remain classified."

"Well okay. Your clearance is certainly high enough. I'll see what we can dig up"

"Thank you".

After walking out of the police station "The Guy" turned into a deserted alleyway. He looked around and swiftl began to change his aparell,changing from his expensive suit to a black, sleek-looking costume. A mask covered his head and he strapped his shield firmly to his back.

His voice also changed, as he muttered in a British accent,"Well Lockdown, you've been to my town and sniffed around often enough. Time for me to return the favour".

Re: Lockdown:Further Questions

Hey enforcer84!

If you are reading this I just wanted to say thanks for paying attention. As you may have deduced I have read you "Hero a Day" thread (With great enjoyment!) and would like to know more about my favourite character Lockdown. His portrait is frankly amazing, and his backgroung is fascinating.

What I would like to know about is his Rogues Gallery, which I feel would contain at least one Cyrus the Virus homage amongst other merry psycopaths. I would also like to know about any NPCs who may be of use to him. Finally I would like to know what sort of equipment(Vehicles and Gadgets, etc as well as his headquarters that would be great.)

This is for my gaming use as my PC has struck up a rivalry with him and I need some Info on what his capabilities are.

Thanks!

Libra

Hey Libra, just an FYI: Enforcer84 posted a thread on Monday saying that he'll be in London for about a week. I don't know if he'll be on the boards during that time, so he might not be able to reply until he gets back.

Thought you might like to know.

Sooooooo in the absense of the mighty Enforcer84 does anyone else have suggestions for villains for a rogues gallery for this . . .. interesting fellow? If you want to get an idea of his theme look for his "famous hero a day" thread.

Just wanted to keep the post going and It might help me.

Keys? What do you mean by Keys? Any good names you can think of?

Oh, and before I loose it here is the best "prison" name for a brick I have ever thought up. Jailhouse Rock.

(Falls over under weight of rotten fruit).

Thanks for posting sketchpad. Hmmmm . . . .Daredevil and the Batman.

If anyone could provide some good names I can do some background(Heavy Hinting going on here people!)

Keys ... like calling characters: Skeleton Key (a thief that can open any lock), Brass (Think of Colossus but evil and brass colored), Tumbler (Acrobatic martial artist), Deadbolt (Lockdown's nemesis from a mirror universe), Knob (think Toad but more street oriented ala Huggy Bear), Barricade (Brick with some street smarts) and Break 'n' Entry (a tag-team duo that does second story work).

As for Daredevil/Batman inspired characters ... how about: Bricklayer (think Clayface and the Thing combined), Jestah (The Jester meets Joker or an evil Jack-in-the-Box)) or The Q-Man (Riddler like character)

OOOOHHHHH!

Love the Key ideas. Can I ask you another favour sketchpad?

If Yes: Can you give me some info on Daredevil's rogues gallery? I do not know much about el diablo roja. Thank you.

If No: You mean person! Boo-hoo,boo-hoo-hoo. :cry: (Blubbers in a nauseating fashion)

OOOOHHHHH!

Love the Key ideas. Can I ask you another favour sketchpad?

If Yes: Can you give me some info on Daredevil's rogues gallery? I do not know much about el diablo roja. Thank you.

Well ... I could ... but I'd rather toss this this link and this link your way to help you with da research :) Hope it helps. If you need any more help, gimme a shout.

To be honest, I've never put too much thought behind his Rogues Gallery. For the most part I'd envisioned the typical Champions villains, Lady Blue would find him insufferable, Black Harlequin could easily sub for the Joker.

The Lords of Justice were meant to be non-evil antagonists for a starting group of heroes. The PC's at first looked up to these guys as if they were the Justice League...which, they, for the most part, are. The heroes began to wonder after a few meetings. Lockdown attempted to hack the team computer and use his detective skills to find out their secret identities. It was 4th edition, the heroes were 500 pts to start. The Lords were, as you can see, a bit more powerful. Eventually, the PC's confronted the Lords in their Base, a fight broke out (PC's had gained significant xp at this point) and the Lords folded in on themselves as the more heroic and selfless members (Freya, Einharjar, Empyrean, and Wyldefire) abandoned the more selfish and menally eskew members (Superion, Lockdown, Glamour, Demogogue, Helmsman and Glamour).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

Firstly I wish to thank the mighty enforcer84 for taking the time to reply to a puny fan. I will explain why I asked about Lockdown's Rogues Gallery a little later.

Secondly I want to thank Sketchpad for giving me those links. Boy Daredevil has had a couple of fun "friends" in his life. I would also like to thank you for giving me thse ideas for the Rogues Gallery. I may be able to post my interpretations at a later date.(Enforcer84, if you want to comment on whatever I post, do not be shy about it.)

The reason I wanted a little info on Lockdown's rogues gallery is because (Big confession time) I do not play champions. I am an Mutants and Masterminds addict. The very first game I played was the Time of Crisis Adventure, and the G.M wanted to use non canon characters with a JLA theme. I reccomended the Lords, and grabbed Lockdown with both hands. (I played him a bit less . . .disturbed though. Still a bit nuts, but in control of his mind.) I had a blast, and played him in further adventures. Then, one day I was playing one of my other creations, the Lock showed up and was in fine nutter form. I think by the time he was through with me he had broken my Ribs, Left arm and sundry other bones. I decided that I wanted a little revenge, so I went to my interpretation of his home town. I also wanted to know about his Rogues because I want to play him again, and need to know who I can beat up.

Thanks for listening.

I can throw you the game reports, but my conversions suck and I am really bad at getting the stats right. Is plain background and profiles alright? I also cannot draw worth toffee.

I had some ideas for The Tumbler - A tumbler was a medievil entertainer like a Jester. Jester - Joker= nemisis bad guy with a medievil Joker theme.

I also have the comedian(the riddler in blue and yellow, with the attitude of the nutter from A Clockwork Orange.

I am also nicking Abbatoir and Mr Magnum from the might enforcer84's hero a day thread. I hope he does not mind.

Oh, enforcer84,(if you actually ever look at this thread again) is it alright if I borrow Nylrem(you spell it Nilrem but I use a "y") as the top magus of Britain? I plan on making his costume a bit more discreet and making him look a bit more like Anthony Hopkins. Is that all right?

Oh' date=' enforcer84,(if you actually ever look at this thread again) is it alright if I borrow Nylrem(you spell it Nilrem but I use a "y") as the top magus of Britain? I plan on making his costume a bit more discreet and making him look a bit more like Anthony Hopkins. Is that all right?[/quote']

Sure! Bill'd get a chuckle that his character is still getting use. :)

Cool. Another way to get at Lockdown is through his "baby", Stronghold. Or it's equivolent. In my game he has several safe rooms in the Original Stronghold and the southeastern counterpart The Brigg. There he keeps his secrets. Start messing round there you might find his agendas. The Whole Tower of Babel and OMAC thing with Batman at the helm give me so many ideas for Lockdown...