Quite possibly meant to be...

Ghost Face

I've just had a great nightcap on an unexpected evening...

First off, it's been too long since I've played Champions. My last session I was the GM and that was 10 years ago. Prior to that, the last game that I had played in worth anything was 17 years ago. So deciding to get back into the swing of things, I call one of the local hobby shops to see if they had a copy of Champions 5th ED. They did, so I stopped by and picked that up along with a few other books. While I was there, I asked the owner if he knew of any local Champion games or how I could hook up with one. He doesn't know and he didn't have a bulletin board to post anything. (Must be one of a tiny minority among hobby shops) He did suggest I stop by another hobby store to see if they knew something. He said they had late night gaming and a bulletin board. Well, I couldn't stop at that other store because I had to go to work.

After work, I decided to swing by that other hobby store to see what time they were open. I was going to have to swing by there anyway to pick up a copy of Hero Systems 5th ED. I had looked at my new Champions book at work and noticed they had totally removed everything about character creation. So radically different than 4th ED! Well, I stopped by the store and they were open. One of the proprietors was involved in a Fantasy Hero's campaign and his GM also had a Champions campaign going. Not only that, they play during on of my off nights, Monday. He said he would ask his GM if I could join, but that was more than enough for me. After giving him my personal information, I was headed out the door when I saw a copy of Hero Systems 5th ED and Hero Designer v2.0. Both were purchased asap. Now all I have to do is familiarize myself with the rule changes.

It's nothing definite, but I just can't help but feel this is going to turn out good.

Re: Quite possibly meant to be...

Good Luck to you, as a fellow Michigander. I know what it's like to be without a steady face to face game. My last steady face to face Champs game was well over ten years ago, my last steady face to face D&D game was over 5 years ago. So I hope it turns out for the best for you.