Tk enhanced Dexterity

I'm designing a character that is quite physically weak, but is a very powerful Telekinetic. One of his abilities is that he can float himself around via his TK (he has Flight of course) and when he does this, he's incredibly agile and quick (high Dex and Spd). However, if he were ever deprived of his TK powers (his Multipower were Drained, Suppressed, Dispelled or Transformed off) then this ability goes away with is powers and he's relegated to a Dex of 7 and SPD of 2.

Now the rest of his TK powers will be in a big Multipower (75 point pool) and I was thinking of linking the Dex and Spd bonuses to the Multipower itself, but I'm thinking this normally isn't allowed. Are there any other limitations I could use to simulate this effect accurately? How much of a limitation would "Does not work if deprived of TK powers" be?

Maybe the Cost End limitation would apply as well...

Re: Tk enhanced Dexterity

I'd probably allow the DEX and SPD to take a -1/4 limitation for "negative adjustment effects on TK powers also reduce DEX and SPD".

I think that is getting close.

My first idea would be to define the DEX/SPD to be "OIHID", but that wouldn't quite be right. However, it is pretty close...

I might play with constructs a little...

For example:

25 Telekinetics: Elemental Control, 50-point powers

25 1) Telekinetic Flight: Flight 25" (50 Active Points) 5
25 2) Telekinetic Shields: FF (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 5
51 Telekinetic Reactions: (Total: 78 Active Cost, 51 Real Cost) +16 DEX (48 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Linked (Telekinetic Flight; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 27) plus +3 SPD (30 Active Points); Linked (Telekinetic Flight; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 24) 0
Because the Telekinetic Reactions are linked to the Tk Flight, you could argue that it is reduced by the value that the Flight is.

If you are willing to allow the characteristics into the EC, that would be even more clear that they get reduced as the EC gets reduced. Then, I would add a lim to replace the linked. One idea would be to make the EC OIHID, meaning that he actually changes when he turns the EC on.

If you wanted to make the reaction increase cost END, that would be possible as well, but would be extremely expensive in terms of END.

Well, unless the increased DEX and SPD are really minor, the Limitation on them will be -1/4 no matter which Limitation you choose to repesent that they can't be used unless Flying or using TK in some way. Personally, I'd just go with OIHID and define "using TK Flight" as the Hero Identity.

I think that is getting close.

My first idea would be to define the DEX/SPD to be "OIHID", but that wouldn't quite be right. However, it is pretty close...

I might play with constructs a little...

For example:

25 Telekinetics: Elemental Control, 50-point powers

25 1) Telekinetic Flight: Flight 25" (50 Active Points) 5
25 2) Telekinetic Shields: FF (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 5
51 Telekinetic Reactions: (Total: 78 Active Cost, 51 Real Cost) +16 DEX (48 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Linked (Telekinetic Flight; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 27) plus +3 SPD (30 Active Points); Linked (Telekinetic Flight; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 24) 0
Because the Telekinetic Reactions are linked to the Tk Flight, you could argue that it is reduced by the value that the Flight is.

If you are willing to allow the characteristics into the EC, that would be even more clear that they get reduced as the EC gets reduced. Then, I would add a lim to replace the linked. One idea would be to make the EC OIHID, meaning that he actually changes when he turns the EC on.

If you wanted to make the reaction increase cost END, that would be possible as well, but would be extremely expensive in terms of END.

Yes, it would be very easy to do if this were an Elemental Control, but the player in question wants her character to be able to do a good many of the SFX of someone who is incredibly skilled with Telekinesis (down to the molecular level) and while the character really needs a VPP to simulate this, I'm starting him off with a Multipower. EC is simply too expensive to do this with.

OIHID is a good idea though, I'll explore that option some...

Well' date=' unless the increased DEX and SPD are really minor, the Limitation on them will be -1/4 no matter which Limitation you choose to repesent that they can't be used unless Flying or using TK in some way. Personally, I'd just go with OIHID and define "using TK Flight" as the Hero Identity.[/quote']

I figure the most in limitations I'm going to be able to generate on the Dex and Spd is -1/2. -1/4 is probably what its going to be in the end though. The Dex and SPD bonuses are going to be fairly significant...at least +10 Dex and +2 or +3 SPD.

I could put "No Figured" on the Dex bonus, reducing its cost somewhat, but then that would increase the cost of the SPD bonus, since it would have to increase to compensate.

Without "No Figured":

+10 Dex (30): OIHID (-1/4) 24pts

+3 SPD (30): OIHID (-1/4) 24pts

total cost: 48pts

With "No Figured":

+10 Dex (30): No figured characteristics (-1/2) OIHID (-1/4) 17pts

+4 SPD (40): OIHID (-1/4) 32pts

Total cost: 49pts

Hmmm...almost a neglegable difference. Since the character has a Base Dex of 7 and a SPD of 2 (he spent 3pts to get to SPD 2) both constructs give him a DEX 17 and SPD 6. Looks like we save 1pt if I go with construct #1.

hmmm...

I figure the most in limitations I'm going to be able to generate on the Dex and Spd is -1/2. -1/4 is probably what its going to be in the end though. The Dex and SPD bonuses are going to be fairly significant...at least +10 Dex and +2 or +3 SPD.

I'd say -1/4 because Linked, which requires you to be using the other powers (not just have them available) is -1/2.

Without "No Figured":

total cost: 48pts

With "No Figured":

Total cost: 49pts

It's negligible because it's just rounding. Dex costs 3 and gives back 1 for SPD = 2 net. Dex no figured costs 3/1.5 = 2. Actually, with more limitations than just "No Figured", it will gradually get more expensive to buy with No Figured.