Chasing Missles (from Superman: The Movie)

Hyper-Man

Re: Chasing Missles (from Superman: The Movie)

Well, check the Move By and Move Through damage... ;)

The linear damage on those things is as big a problem as the linear motion. That is why everybody (IMO) should be using the optional Velocity Damage Table (pages 292-293 FREd). On that table, Mach 3 in only 17d6.

Even then it's sometimes hard to keep it on the table, let alone a map (and I use one of the larger sizes of battle maps). When the flying brick does a move through from across the field and hits, unless the dice roll really funky, I've got to hope the target hits something from the KB or else he's off in map limbo.

Talking about large scale high speed battles has got me wanting to run a HUGE combat now... something that uses two battlemaps and the dining room floor....

I also like large scale battles :hex::D:)

I use a tape measure instead of a hex-map. I use actual 3D props (little hills, little buildings, etc. . . ) which can be spread out over as large an area as I like. And I can make HUGE "make-shift" tables by putting a series of boards over like-sized boxes. Finally, I am also working on a combat simulation program which can allow for large scale battles (in a virtual setting).

Well, check the Move By and Move Through damage... ;)

Even then it's sometimes hard to keep it on the table, let alone a map (and I use one of the larger sizes of battle maps). When the flying brick does a move through from across the field and hits, unless the dice roll really funky, I've got to hope the target hits something from the KB or else he's off in map limbo.

Talking about large scale high speed battles has got me wanting to run a HUGE combat now... something that uses two battlemaps and the dining room floor....

Or, as my buddy That Masked Man would say, "Starfleet Battles!"

:nonp:

HM

Or, as my buddy That Masked Man would say, "Starfleet Battles!"

:nonp:

HM

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhg! :sick: I'd rather play Warhammer... :cry:

Really I do like big battles. It's one of the things that's hard to do in any game when you are "restricted" to a map no bigger than the table you play on. It's also hard to do things like stage a fight on moving vehicles (like the train fight in Spiderman 2).