Absorption Question

I'm presently trying to convert some Silver Age Sentinels d20 system characters over to Champions 5. The character I'm currently working on has Damage Conversion (incoming damage becomes points to add to powers), which is obviously Hero5's Absorption. Here's the construction I'm presently trying to work with:

6d6 Physical Absorption, +4pts Max (40 total), can feed any one of (power list).

6d6 Energy Absorption, +4pts Max (40 total), can feed any one of (same power list).

I added the +4 simply because it made things a nice round divisible-by-five number. I left out the power lists for brevity. Now, here are my questions to the forum on how this works:

1. Can I/Must I put both powers in the same EC (Energy Absorption) slot? Can I put them in separate slots? I'm not sure if an anology to PD/ED Armor (which I do not permit in separate slots except in rare circumstances).

2. The Physical and Energy Absorptions each have a cap of 40 points. I'm assuming that those are separate 'pools', rather than combining into a single 80 point pool. Am I right? This is something that doesn't link up right with his original character, where 'damage was damage'. I suspect this may just have to be lost in translation ...

3. Related to #2, since two Adjustment powers maximums don't add up on the same stat (two 5d6 STR Aids still top out at 30 max), this means that he can't add more than 40 points to any one stat, regardless of recieving a mix of physical and energy attacks, correct? Fortunately, this *does* work for me, since I ruled he couldn't boost any of his powers in SAS past rank 10 (and in the present workup, his EB is 16d6 ...)

Crud, I had more questions, but it's starting to thunder. If anybody comes up with any more details they think I'll need for Absorption, feel free to throw 'em out!

Absorption Question Answered

Since your character's Absorption can absorb a maximum of 40 BODY points of damage,from either physical or energy attacks,and both types of Absorption increase the same Power list,how about buying the character's Absorption once,but with the +1 Advantage that enables the character to either absorb physical or energy attacks (see the list of Power Advantages in the description of Absorption.)

Hi Crosshair,

Let's see...

1) I'm pretty sure it is technically illegal to put Absorption into an EC. EC are not supposed to have powers that inherently cost 0 end. Of course this is allowed if your GM says it is ok. In my campaign one of the PC has TWO slots exactly as you describe.

2) Yes. Separate pools.

3) With two powers he can't add more than 40 points from EACH power. If both were maxed out he could add 80 points to something.

I'll have to grab my book and doublecheck, but I was pretty sure two Adjustment powers didn't accumulate on the same stat ... maybe I'm stuck on 4th Edition or something ... but I thought it worked that, for example, no matter how many 5d6 Aids you got, regardless if it was from the same person or not, you had a maximum of 30 points. I assumed you couldn't Aid on top of Absorption ...