Character link to Base Computer

Over in the Rules Question forum, I asked Steve the following question:

Some of this may be more of a 'how to...' question. If it is, let me know and I'll see what they say in the HS Discussion area.

Can a computer purchase the Computer Link perk?

Character X wants to have a pocket device w/a direct link to the big honkin' computer back in the secret base. The character is going to pay for the computer with the base, what is the best way to model limited I/O with that computer at all times?

He directed me here for the second part, as I suspected he would, so I'm turning the question over to you now.

Details: Batman-esque character is donating xp regularly to the creation of his Base and uberComputer. He would like to have a utility belt pocket size device through which he can keep contact with said uberComputer, receiving alerts and having it perform some specific functions at his request (lock/unlock the base doors remotely, search the criminal database for a certian m.o., etc.). How would I build said device?

Expensive and inexpensive ideas are equally welcome, as long as there is variety.

Thanks!

Re: Character link to Base Computer

Radio Perception/Transmission, Only With Base Computer (-1), OAF (nifty belt device; -1). 3 points.

Also buy Radio P/T, Only With Character (-1), OAF Bulky (antenna; -1 1/2). 2 points, for the Computer/Base.

All you are really doing is communicating. Computer Link is like an access perk; it gives you the passwords to a database you haven't paid points for yourself. Since you've paid points for the Computer, you have a "link" to it automatically. All you need to do is communicate with it.

Re: Character link to Base Computer

Alternately' date=' you could buy Mind Link with the computer.[/quote']With the -0 Limitation "Affected as Radio Group, Not Mental" so that it could be jammed, etc. via radio waves but a mentalist couldn't interfer with it.
I like that.

I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it first, though. :)