The best way to do this in HERO

bushido11

I was wondering, you know how in shows like Vultron and Power Rangers they each have robots that can combine into one? What would be the best way represent these mechas in HERO? I'm thinking of giving having the characters pay for the mecha's stats and giving it OIHID and OIF.

Also, if I wanted these mechas to combine into a super mecha, how would I do that? I was thinking of each of the pilot's contributing a portion of the super mecha's CP with some limitations such as Must Have Mechas Combine or something like that.

Any ideas from the HERO gurus out there?

Try a variation on Multiform.

Basically, each seperate form splits the cost of the "combined form". Make the multiform power (which represents the ability to "combine") based on skill roll (compat piloting) and possibly some extra time (to represent a long combining animation) and you are good to go.

Oh, btw, the Combined form should be considered a vehicle of the seperate forms. Thus, after figuring out the full cost of the Combined Form, divide its total cost by 5 (as per the vehicles rules) then split that cost between the seperate forms.

There ya have it. If the the cost doesn't split evenly, the leftover points go to whoever forms The Head.

Three terms that must be defind first (Will use Voltron to illustrate:

Lead Vehicle, this is one of the smaller vehicles that will form the main Vehicle, normaly it will form the head or torso, or control bridge, furthermore it is usualy driven by the Leader of the squad (Black Lion)

Sub Vehicles, driven by the varius members of the team, combine to form Main Vehicle (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow Lions)

Main Vehicle, when all forms combind it creates this vehicle

Lead Vehicle takesthe following two powers:

Multiform:Main Vehicle, all duplications must be present to change (-0) & Duplication: sub vehicles, always on (-0)