If Invictus had a super team...

Mr. R

Re: If Invictus had a super team...

I've often said Exalted is basically a game of Superheroes with some Fantasy trappings.

[Professor Frink voice]

This tends to lead to lynch mobs with torches and pitchforks with the chasing and hurting..oh!

[/Professor Frink voice]

I've often said Exalted is basically a game of Superheroes with some Fantasy trappings.

Exalted is a fine example of what happens when anime, White Wolf, and no care for scope all run into each other after a night of tequilla shooters and beer bongs.

I love the Exalted world. I hate the entire system of super-powered crap.

But hey I'll admit I'm a Hero snob.

Peace

Exalted is a fine example of what happens when anime, White Wolf, and no care for scope all run into each other after a night of tequilla shooters and beer bongs.

I love the Exalted world. I hate the entire system of super-powered crap.

But hey I'll admit I'm a Hero snob.

Peace

I really like the world. I think the system needs a complete over haul. The main reason I haven't converted it Hero is the amount of work it would take and that it would honestly lose some of the feel in Hero. Much of the world's feel is "hardwired" in the mechanics unfortunately.

What Steve Long needs to do is buy the product and convert to Hero. Hehehe

Okay maybe I will start working on something like that. Who knows my bain might be able to handle such complex math and hysterical fits late at night.

Plus I think I have a few friends who just might be crazy enough to help.

Wish me luck.

Peace

Here's a an attempted Hero write up of Harmonious Jade I did awhile back. Might help a bit.

Harmonious Jade

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

15 CON 10 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

16 COM 3 12-

3 PD 0 Total: 3 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6 REC 0

30 END 0

26 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 68

Movement: Run: 6"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

15 Highly Perceptive: Enhanced Perception (+5 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)

6 Essence Pool: Endurance Reserve (30 END, 3 REC) (6 Active Points)

Charms

15 Combat Charms: Multipower, 30-point reserve, all slots: (30 Active Points); OAF:Bow and Arrows (-1)

1u 1) Fiery Arrow Attack: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED) (30 Active Points) (uses END Reserve) 3

1u 2) Dazzling Flare Attack: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. PD) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost 3x END (-1) (uses END Reserve) 9

Defense Charms

17 1) Shadow Over Water: +5 with DCV (25 Active Points); Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2) 2

22 2) Reflexive Side Step Technique: Danger Sense (Function as a Sense, Intuitional, Sensitivity: Out of Combat), Costs endurance when it activates Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (+0) 16-

31 3) Reflexive Side Step Technique: +5 with DCV, Trigger (+1/4) (31 Active Points)

Stealth Charms

9 1) Easily Overlooked Presence Method: Invisibility to Sight Group, Normal Hearing (23 Active Points); Only to make people not notice the character in normal situations Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2) (uses END Reserve) 2

15 2) Invisible Statue Spirit: Invisibility to Sight Group, No Fringe (30 Active Points); Only When Not Attacking (-1/2), Cannot move at all Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2) (uses END Reserve) 3

8 3) Blurred Form Style: Sight Group Images, +/-3 to PER Roll (19 Active Points); Set Effect:Only to conceal her presense (-1), No Range (-1/2) (uses END Reserve) 2

25 4) Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude: Invisibility to Hearing Group, Smell/Taste Group, No Fringe (uses END Reserve) 2

Awareness Charms

24 1) Sensory Acuity Prana: Analyze Sense (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Additional Sense Group: Smell/Taste Group) (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) (uses END Reserve) 3

Artifacts

11 1) Oriachialum Short Power Bow: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (37 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Power:Two handed Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Extra Time Delayed Phase (-1/4), Ties up 2 endurance from her Reserve to use Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4), Requires Arrows Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

5 2) Highly Accurate: +2 with Ranged Combat (10 Active Points); OAF (-1)

10 3) Freedom Stone: Desolidification (40 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Only to freed from restraint (-1), OAF:Freedom stone set in her bow (-1) (uses END Reserve) 4

4 4) Manse stregnthened recovery: Endurance Reserve (1 END, 3 REC) Reserve: (4 Active Points); Limited Power:Only as long a her Manse is attuned and intact Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

Caste Ability

7 1) Phys lim:Glows brought off: Custom Power (10 Active Points); Limited Power:Must spend x2 on all her charms Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2)

8 2) Essence Enhancement: +3 with a group of similar Skills (15 Active Points); Limited Power:Only for Stealth, Concealment and Counter Tracking Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) 1

Perks

20 “Manse†Vehicles & Bases (100 Base, 25 Disad)

Skills

15 +5 with Archery

15 +3 with Melee

15 +3 with DCV

5 Acrobatics 14-

5 Breakfall 14-

5 Climbing 14-

5 Sleight Of Hand 14-

5 Streetwise 12-

9 Stealth 16-

9 Concealment 14-

3 Deduction 11-

1 KS: Occult Lore 8-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 346

Total Cost: 414

200+ Disadvantages

20 Hunted: The Immaculate Order 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

5 Hunted: Yozi Cultists 11- (Less Pow; Harshly Punish; Limited Geographical Area)

15 Psychological Limitation: Cold blooded and ruthless (Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Driven to complete her goals, relentless (Common; Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Socially inept, loner (Very Common; Strong)

10 Physical Limitation: Glows brighter and brighter as her "Essence" reserve drops below 2/3rds (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: "The Great Curse" (Heart of Flint) (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)

119 Chosen of the Unconquered Sun Bonus

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Total Disadvantage Points: 414