3e Monk

Killer Shrike

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Um....because Im providing as close to a by-the-book direct conversion as possible for both baselining relative power between 'classes', and for conversions of existing characters.

True..why not just work up the diferent abilities and let er rip from there?

Of course this could be why I don't play "level" system anymore, just like the free flow to much. Pf course I was the player that always asked why my mage could learn to pick a lock too :)

" God-like being: Major Transform 50d6; Self into "Thin Air"; 1 Non Recoverable Charge; No Conscious Control (GMs Option); Standard Effect Rule 150 BODY; SFX: Forces of Game Balance

Cost: Free"

LOL I can see it now...

Paladin: "Charge!"

Monk: "Noooo! If we gain one more experience point we cease to exist.....then evil wins!"

Bad Guy: "MUhahahahahaa! At last I am untouchable!"

:D

Originally posted by Starwolf

" God-like being: Major Transform 50d6; Self into "Thin Air"; 1 Non Recoverable Charge; No Conscious Control (GMs Option); Standard Effect Rule 150 BODY; SFX: Forces of Game Balance

Cost: Free"

LOL I can see it now...

Paladin: "Charge!"

Monk: "Noooo! If we gain one more experience point we cease to exist.....then evil wins!"

Bad Guy: "MUhahahahahaa! At last I am untouchable!"

:D

:)

I dont mind high point totals in HEROs because the points scale fairly well.

3e Epic is just a travesty of munchkinism IMO however, and I would never allow a player to convert an Epic level 3e character into 1 of my games.

If you think about it however, from the 10000 ft view, 21+ monks really arent advancing as monks anymore, they are just ripening into Epic Level Feats. :)

Originally posted by tiger

True..why not just work up the diferent abilities and let er rip from there?

Of course this could be why I don't play "level" system anymore, just like the free flow to much. Pf course I was the player that always asked why my mage could learn to pick a lock too :)

Again, if a player wants to freeform, there is nothing stopping him. The provided is for a by the book port.

Why provide anything at all for a freeform conversion? Thats the point of freeform, to do it as you like.

There is nothing stopping a freeformer from saying; I want Abundant Step, and I want to be able to do it 3/day, starting! If the GM allows it and the character can afford it, go for it. Thats the same as saying, my monk knows a Martial Art that is basically a copy of Aikido in the UMA, renamed as appropriate. Again, if the GM is kool with it and the points are available, go for it

However, if a player says 'I want to play Billy Badass my 15th lvl Monk EXACTLY as he is', or the GM wants to lift a character from 3e source material and doesnt want to do a lot of custom design, then take the X level monk prefab/package Deal and add it to the character as appropriate to the characters 'level' in 3e. Add some stats, skills and viola.