Expand your MInd

Adventus

I have a character concept that has been buging me to create. The character has had his mind expanded to the point he is one with himself across the multiverse. His mind shattered under the stress of being expanded. Before the incident he was a student going for his doctorate in transdimensional physics. He had just made a breakthrough when his girlfriends powers manifested and she expanded his mind to help him with his doctorate. :(

He has access to all of their powers and skills for his use. He can't be teleported by any teleport that is defined as entering another dimension as he is already there. He has a tendency to respond to things that aren't in "his" universe, i.e. he shot an EB off in a random direction for no reason. When asked why he did that he will respond " i was shooting at (insert villian's name from another universe)." He will engage in conversations with people in other universes without realizing he is talking in this one.

I would like ideas for powers and disads. I would also like a good Name for him.

While Omnipresent and Ubiquitous seem like good roots for his name, I can't shake the feeling Scatter-Brained fits even better.

For disads, i think the old Champions Minus disadvantage Bizarre is appropriate. It's like Berserk, but if you blow the roll, you perform in a bizarre fashion until you recover.

This guy probably has damage reduction or desolidification for defence, danger sense, clairsentience (probably precog and retrocognitive) with little conscious control, and a zero-point energy source for his attack powers (power for nothing).

Sounds like a great concept for playing Dr. manhattan styled disassociation from reality.

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

While Omnipresent and Ubiquitous seem like good roots for his name, I can't shake the feeling Scatter-Brained fits even better.

For disads, i think the old Champions Minus disadvantage Bizarre is appropriate. It's like Berserk, but if you blow the roll, you perform in a bizarre fashion until you recover.

This guy probably has damage reduction or desolidification for defence, danger sense, clairsentience (probably precog and retrocognitive) with little conscious control, and a zero-point energy source for his attack powers (power for nothing).

Sounds like a great concept for playing Dr. manhattan styled disassociation from reality.

Yeah. On a certain roll, you waste a phase doing something that has no apparent effect. You're in the middle of combat, and people are blasting away at the big bad villain, when you use your Segment 6 action to move a rock 4 feet to the left. The other PCs ask: "Why didn't you shoot the villain!?!?" You say: "Moving the rock was more important. You'll see why in ten years."

The "can't be teleported" would really be something I"d give the character for free. Remember, the Usable Against Others advantage requires a reasonably common set of effects that will stop it. I think the nature of his powers would allow him to escape that sort of attack.

You could also have powers on an activation roll, representing the fact that sometimes you have to split up your power over several different dimensions. Or maybe you have a susceptibility to some random set of circumstances (whenever Bob, the player next to you, says "pizza", or something), representing the fact that you sometimes get shot while in another dimension. Maybe you've got a vulnerability to transdimensional attacks, since it hits you more than once.

Phys Lim: Forgetful. It's not that you really forgot that you were supposed to go to your sister's birthday party. It's that, in another dimension, her birthday is tomorrow. You just got confused.

Maybe you've got a vulnerability to transdimensional attacks, since it hits you more than once.

Yeah. On a certain roll, you waste a phase doing something that has no apparent effect. You're in the middle of combat, and people are blasting away at the big bad villain, when you use your Segment 6 action to move a rock 4 feet to the left. The other PCs ask: "Why didn't you shoot the villain!?!?" You say: "Moving the rock was more important. You'll see why in ten years."

Steal. Steal. Steal. Steal. :cool: I love the ideas. They will work great for the character. I would also like some ideas for limitaions on his Cosmic VPP. Please note my previous post on this character.

Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

Maybe you could do some trick where you have 4 duplicates, feedback of the damage (hit one duplicate, all feel it) and damage reduction so the damage is spread around. Have to check the rules on that one.

I see I have to clear something up. I am not Duplicating. I am Summoning 4 superheros to my location. I have no control over what they do. I don't get experience for what they do, they get it. They are independent beings who are willing to help me fight crime. Think of it as a way to get the group together. I show up at the scene and summon them. I don't always get the same heroes every time. They are amicable. They help me fight the bad guys then they go back where they came from. "blink" they are gone. This would be a great way for somebody to transport a character from another game to the campaign. After the battle they don't "blink" out. My GM has a problem bringing the characters together and I thought this would help him out.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by megazord

You could have him have DF: constantly changing appearence and mannerism. This would represent different versions of him taking over in this universe.

man that would get irritating to the other chars real quick

Originally posted by megazord

You could have him have DF: constantly changing appearence and mannerism. This would represent different versions of him taking over in this universe.

Or Accidental Change (for instance when in the presence of a transdimentional effect (Gates, Teleports, EDM, certin EBs)) into another version of himself in another universe (the imentiuonal energies transfer the 'versions' into each opthers realities.) You wouldn't even have to create differentr character sheets, just say (for instance(FI) 'whoops, 16, o.k. the charaters costume suddenly changes and he starts talking French until he realises what's happening and reverts to English with a Canadian accent' then just make up some other little titbits about the differences (until he switches again). Unlike DF it wouldn't happen all that often and might not get that irritating to the other characters.

As for the 'Summon' you might want a limitation 'Only up to 4' or something so that if FI your team was made up of 4 other characters you couldn't summon any more than them until one of them 'went home'. So you could 'Summon' the team and if one of the players was away you could 'Summon' a replacement NPC to 'complete the 5' (instead of the tradition of using the absent players character as a doormat/cannon fodder to 'teach him to miss my game') but if everyone is already at the scene your power is 'out of commission' for a while.

You might also want a few overall skill levels to represent the genewral omniscience that would come with being linked to infinte dimentions.

Just a few ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Or Accidental Change (for instance when in the presence of a transdimentional effect (Gates, Teleports, EDM, certin EBs)) into another version of himself in another universe (the imentiuonal energies transfer the 'versions' into each opthers realities.)

I like this better than megazord's suggestion.

As for the 'Summon' you might want a limitation 'Only up to 4' or something so that if FI your team was made up of 4 other characters you couldn't summon any more than them until one of them 'went home'. So you could 'Summon' the team and if one of the players was away you could 'Summon' a replacement NPC to 'complete the 5' (instead of the tradition of using the absent players character as a doormat/cannon fodder to 'teach him to miss my game') but if everyone is already at the scene your power is 'out of commission' for a while.

Done!. I really like this idea.

You might also want a few overall skill levels to represent the general omniscience that would come with being linked to infinite dimensions.

This makes sense