DC:The Animated Series

Dr. MID-Nite

Hey all,

I was just curious if anyone would care to comment on this release....without bringing up the art, which isn't a big concern of mine(and which has been discussed to death in another thread). I'm mainly concerned with content....and the book had a large number of NPC writeups....which I'd like to hear opinions on. Anyone have the book yet to comment?(Mine is on order.)

Rob

Re: DC:The Animated Series

I preferred the Hudson City Powers characters more than the HC Knights characters. The Knight just seemed like standard characters you see in HC city already, only with some costumes. Scarlet is probably the most interesting of the heroes in the book. She's the woman riding the motorcycle on the cover of the vehicle book. Of the villains Carnivore looked scary [think Sabertooth], Guillotine seemed like he would be interesting to fight, Scarab seemed like fun [in the Cockroach sort of way], but my favorite was probably Tick-Tock and Pocket Watch. They were just odd enough to capture my imagination. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Re: DC:The Animated Series

Overall, I really liked the characters. As Zornwil mentioned its much more "G" rated than we've seen before, but that doesn't take too much away from the characters presented. Overall, I like the Hudson City Knights characters more. They were lowered powered non "super" characters with odd flavors, though the "One bad day" origin was a little overdone. Or so I thought until I came up with a way to tie all those origins together into a interesting small campaign.