Need help with 'tree' superhero concept

Tech

I long thought about making up a hero who can transform into a Dendroid (ala Heroes of Might & Magic 3). If you're not familiar with the game, think of a treant from Lord of The Rings, except only 6-12 feet tall. Now there are a lot of real cool ways I could create the hero but one thing I've been concerned about alot is growth. I mean, ok, the guy changes into a powerful, walking tank of a tree but what then? What about 50, 100, 200, etc experience pts from now? I know about Thorn from CKC but I don't care for some of those powers.

Sooooooo, I could really use growth ideas, i.e. powers/skills/etc., to pour the experience pts into later on.

Re: Need help with 'tree' superhero concept

Two words: Swamp Thing.

Alan Moore evolved the idea way beyond anything previously imagined for the walking plant. Of course, not all of the powers and concepts will be applicable to your character, but tracing Swampy's evolution will certainly help you find your path.

Two words: Swamp Thing.

Alan Moore evolved the idea way beyond anything previously imagined for the walking plant. Of course, not all of the powers and concepts will be applicable to your character, but tracing Swampy's evolution will certainly help you find your path.

Interesting idea but unfortunately, I know very little about Swamp Thing.

Interesting idea but unfortunately' date=' I know very little about Swamp Thing.[/quote']

Then I shall elaborate, as I should have done in the first place :)

Swamp Thing started as your average rampaging swamp beast, but was retconned into a living embodiment of the force of nature, a plant elemental of sorts. Swamp Thing the beast had regeneration; Swamp Thing the elemental had amazing regeneration, including the ability to grow extra bodies anywhere in the world (that a plant could grow), or even growing to enormous size himself, among other things. (Did I mention the hallucinogenic tubers?) Here are a few references for you.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/swmpthng.htm

http://www.answers.com/topic/swamp-thing

I've been thinking about doing a tree character for a while now, but never got around to actually doing it. I'd like to see your write up. :)