Charge for noEND powers?

Dr Divago

If i want buy a "no End" power with charges, i must add limitation "cost END"?

for example: i want buy a Life Support with an "hoxygen tank": expanded breathing (no breathing), with a Fuel Charge

Even if Life Support does not cost END to use, i cannot add "cost end" limitation, right? or i must add to convert LS in a "cost end" power so i can buy charge for it?

Correction

I've just read FAQ, and found an answer.

I want to delete this post ('cause is inutile...) but i don't know i can delete...

so, simply ignore this, thank you

(and i apologize for this spamm.. :angst: )

Re: Charge for noEND powers?

You know, I couldn't find the FAQ for this, although I did find an FAQ that says to look for it... strange.

In any case, if you put Costs END on a Power that also has Charges, both apply; you have a limited number of uses and they all cost END normally. This applies whether or not the Power originally cost END or not.

Personally, I think it's a rip-off, as one of the benefits of using Charges is that the Power doesn't cost END. Turning a Power that is always in constant use 24/7 and suddenly making it usable only 12 Phases a day (less than a minute for most characters) seems like it whould be more than a -1/4. I typically rule that any Power that normally costs no END gets an additional -1/2 if it has Charges (modifies the total value of the Charges, so you can have 64 Charges for a normally 0 END Power as a +0).

If the Power does not cost END, then Charges maxes out at a +0, regardless of how many Charges you have....or how many Clips.

The Costs END Limitation is applied after this....so you still get benefit.

If you are taking a small number of Charges (

Charges as a single Limitation is rediculously complicated. IMO, it should be broken up into several (at least) separate Limitations/Advantages, with rules that require certain combinations (frex: you can't purchase the "Boostable" Advantage without the Charges Limitation).

• 2 weeks later...

If the Power does not cost END, then Charges maxes out at a +0, regardless of how many Charges you have....or how many Clips.

The Costs END Limitation is applied after this....so you still get benefit.

If you are taking a small number of Charges (<16), then you are right, you don't gain much.

Charges as a single Limitation is rediculously complicated. IMO, it should be broken up into several (at least) separate Limitations/Advantages, with rules that require certain combinations (frex: you can't purchase the "Boostable" Advantage without the Charges Limitation).

I agree completely. Then we could have other combinations as well, such as taking a Constant Power, somehow applying the, "Continuous Charges," portion without the actual Charges part, and wind up having to pay End for it, but at a rate further down the Time Chart than once per Phase (or something like that). I'd love for Charges to be broken up in a useful way.

As for the Boostable example, I don't see that you should need Charges. It could provide a way to build a Power that is easily Pushable, or Pushable in interesting ways. There could simply be some options to it: expend extra charges, pay Long Term End, suffer temporary Drains to the Power or other Power(s)/Characteristic(s), etc.