Batman's home city is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, not Gotham City, New Jersey

Mark Rand

Re: Batman's home city is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, not Gotham City, New Jersey

ROFLOL!!!! Thats great! I'd rep you but I have to spread some around before I do that. Secondly' date=' you tied Batman and Pittsburgh into Buffy??????? I admire your continuity. I dislike the Buffy.[/quote']

Thank you for the compliments. I'll do my best to keep the parts from the Buffyverse from being to campy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As April, Christine, and Keiko put their heads together, Batman asked Alfred and Batgirl to join him a short distance away. "Any of the ladies figured out who you are?" he asked Alfred.

"I believe Miss Nishigawa has," Alfred replied. "She was with her father at the party you held at Wayne Manor two weeks ago."

"Let's tell them," Batman said. "It'll be interesting to note their reactions."

Once the three ladies finished planning, Batman, Batgirl, and Alfred joined them. "Report," Batman said.

"We're going to find flight attendant uniforms that will fit us, then, I'm going to scout out the first floor of the hotel," Christine replied. "Once I've confirmed that it's clear, we'll go in, change, and look around."

"The stewardess uniforms are perfect for this investigation," Keiko said.

"I'm going with them on the chance that first aid will be needed," April added.

"Proceed," Batman said. "Before you go, formal introductions are in order."

"My full name is Alfred Pennyworth," Mr. P. said.

"Knew I recognised you," Keiko said.

"Batman's Bruce Wayne and Batgirl's Barbara Gordon?" Christine asked.

"Yes," Bruce said, removing his mask.

"You got it," Barbara said, unmasking.

"Never would've figured it out," Christine said.

"Same here," April added, shaking her head. "Keiko, what tipped you?"

"I recognised Alfred," the engineer replied.

"Her father took her to a party at Wayne Manor two weeks ago," Bruce added.

"Oh," April said, the surprise evident in her voice.

"We could change at Doctor Arcane's house while you're doing your sweep, Christine," Keiko suggested.

"Good idea," April said. "We could leave your uniforms in your room."

"Fine," Christine returned. They left and came back 15-minutes later, looking like proper airline stewardesses.

"Nice," Christine said when she saw them. "What happened to the piles of crystals?"

"They're in a shoe box," April replied.

"We hope to gather up all of them, place them in a large container and put a sign on it dedicating it to memory of the people that died on this world. Anything to report about the first floor of the hotel?"

"It's clear," Christine said. "I'll change and join you two."

"Good," April and Keiko said almost at the same time.

Christine joined them 15-minutes later. It took them four hours to check the hotel and terminal. Neither had any surprises.

"Anything to report?" Batman asked.

"We haven't seen anything to contradict 1964 as the year this happened," Christine replied. "One newspaper mentions a comet being visible in the sky the previous night."

"Some of the clothing is usable for disguises in our era," Keiko replied. "There is food out, but we should test it before we eat it."

"Agreed," April added.

"What about future plans?" Batgirl asked.

"We'll tour the rest of the airport tomorrow and check across the street the day after that. Hopefully, we can start bringing gear in here soon," Christine replied.

"Will we be dressed as stewardesses then, too?" April asked.

"Of course," Keiko replied.

"I should've known," April said, shaking her head.

"Go home," Batman said. "Get your rest."

Well, interesting enough, but I have to say as a batman fan I find the whole idea slightly repulsive and wish you'd invent new names for these two characters. Because they *arent* Batman and Batgirl, Barbara Gordon is clearly *not* Barbara Gordon, the whole magic / pocket universe thing is so un-batman it's untrue.

Sorry to sound so down about it. I think there are some nice ideas there. But if you're not going to give your players the fun of playing with Batman in Gotham, why bother. Just rename them Mooncrest and Shadowmaid, or whatever.

Well, interesting enough, but I have to say as a batman fan I find the whole idea slightly repulsive and wish you'd invent new names for these two characters. Because they *arent* Batman and Batgirl, Barbara Gordon is clearly *not* Barbara Gordon, the whole magic / pocket universe thing is so un-batman it's untrue.

Sorry to sound so down about it. I think there are some nice ideas there. But if you're not going to give your players the fun of playing with Batman in Gotham, why bother. Just rename them Mooncrest and Shadowmaid, or whatever.

Thank you for your comments. In truth, I too think a few things I've done here are a bit un-Batman. A lot of them, however, seem to work.

Three things I'm working on for a possible version 2.0, which may be set in Gotham City and between the first two animated serieses, are a completely revamped Batcave, reworked vehicles, and a somewhat different support/liaison team. Ideas would be most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Mooncrest and Shadowmaid? What about Mooncrest and Shadowgirl? He's businessman David Carter, she's his live-in secretary and, reputed lover, Barbara Cain.

They live in a mansion in the wealthiest part of Fox Chapel that his housekeeper, Marie Clark, keeps in perfect shape and the headquarters of his multinational corporation is on Pittsburgh's North Shore.

Due to the fact that the mineral rights to much of Southwestern Pennsylvania was bought by mining companies in the late 1700s and early 1800s, their underground headquarters is in a pocket reality that their friend, Doctor Arcane created for them.

More to come.

Before we continue with Mooncrest and Shadowgirl, I'd like to discuss the idea behind having Batman in Pittsburgh.

It is, quite smiply, what DC once called an imaginary tale and now calls an Elseworlds Story. This lets me choose the vehicles I want, come up with a new rogues gallery, and create a new Batcave.

Speaking of Batcaves, the pocket reality one was created only because the land under Wayne Manor had been sold two centuries before.

This version of Batman is willing to work with the authorities, but maintains the "creature of the night" style Bruce does. He's demanding of his "children", as he calls his subordinates, but is willing to listen to their arguements.

Alfred is Alfred.

Batgirl is, technically, a female Robin.

Doctor Arcane is Jason Blood, without the demon being bond to him.

• 1 year later...

Actually' date=' Wayne Manor is in the wealthiest part of Fox Chapel, not Millionaire's Row. Alfred speaks with a proper British accent.[/quote']

When he's not in his ninja outfit wielding his lightsaber, right?

When I created this thread I had decided that the CU was the best universe to use. Now, I prefer my "fusion" universe. My "Black Widow revisited thread, located at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47208, is set in it.

Thought I'd give you a partial casting call.

First, the vehicles.

Batmobile, Lamborghini Murcielago.

Batgirl's motorcycle, Kawasaki Ninja.

Batcopter, Bell 222B.

Now, people.

Batman/Bruce Wayne, Christian Bale.

Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, Amber Benson.

Alfred Pennyworth, Michael Caine.

Lucius Fox, Morgan Freeman.

For those who came in late, this is what DC calls an "Elseworlds" idea.

I've tweeked some of the stuff from the what I originally posted in this thread because of the change in the universes mentioned two posts ago.

I'm also explaining where some of my ideas come from.

I chose to have Bruce build Wayne Enterprises on the North Side instead of Downtown (the Central Business District) because there was more room to spread out. Although I'm not sure, it may be in Allegheny Square insiead of near the Alcoa Building.

I chose to place Wayne Manor on Millionaire's Row because that's where I believed that Bruce's ancestors wuld have built it in the 1800s.

I chose to put the batcave in a pocket dimension because I think Batman would've accepted Dr. Arcane's offer. He may not have liked it, but knowing that the coal mining companies bought out the mineral rights for Southwestern Pennsylvania in the late 1700s, he would've known that this was the only choice.

Harold Allnut, the great grandson of Charles Allnut, the owner and captain of the African Queen, was orphaned at 15 when his parents were run over by a drunk driver. Although a bit slow in school, he was gifted in electronics and technology.

He was grabbed by a mobster when he was 16, and forced to work for him. Batman rescued Harold and gave him a job as his engineer.

Harold is a lean, dark-haired man with a soft voice and pleasant features.

Casting call: Gary Sinise.

Assorted notes today.

Batgirl's costume looks like the Cassandra Cain one.

It might be possible to create some kind of cave under Wayne Manor, but it would have to fit on one level and fit completely under the city block Wayne Manor is on.

For ease of calculation, and fitting on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of graph paper, the block is 1100 x 850 feet, giving it an area of 935,000 square feet.

Any ideas?

For ease of calculation, and fitting on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of graph paper, the block is 1100 x 850 feet, giving it an area of 935,000 square feet.

Any ideas?

Yeah. Used square graph paper, not hexagonal. Everyone I know hates hex paper.

#2, go metric. Don't even think in feet.

That's my 0.02 zorkmids. ;)

Yeah. Used square graph paper' date=' not hexagonal. Everyone I know [b']hates[/b] hex paper.

#2, go metric. Don't even think in feet.

That's my 0.02 zorkmids. ;)

I'd always planned to use quarter inch square graph paper. At the scale I'll be working at, one inch equals one hundred feet.

So far, I have, at least, four 25 x 25 foot platforms, with turntables, for the vehicles, a repair shop, for everything in the cave, measuring, at least 100 x 100 feet, a forensics lab, and the computer and communications equipment.

Since we also have a Batboat (from Batman Begins), the Batplane (from the animated serieses), and the Batcopter (a slightly modified Bell 222B), a place for them is needed. The solution, requires the use of the pocket universe. Said universe is constructed around a general aviation airport that is, at least in the pocket universe, beside a body of water.

Two come to mind immediately. They are Van Nuys Airport and Burke Lakefront Airport. Van Nuys has more facilities and could act as the entire Batcave, while Burke Lakefront doesn't have great facilities, it will support all the necessary vehicles.

I think part of the decision will be determined by how much of the other stuff, a library, trophy room, gym and pool, medical facilities, break areas, emergency stores, backup utilities, changing areas, disguise storage, and Harold's quarters, we can get in the area under Wayne Manor.

The airport will definately be Burke Lakefront Airport. The hangers will hold the Batplane, Batcopter, and the aircraft repair shop while the Batboat is moored at the nearby lighthouse.

When a hero hits the space on the wall, he's transported to his "changing room", a room at the hotel near the airport. It's a nice place. It has an indoor pool and spa, a fitness center, a small conference room, vending machines, and coin-operated laundry equipment. Harold even has his quarters there. If you don't like swimming in the pool, there's always the lake. If you go through the door marked Batcave, you'll find yourself there.

We're scaling up the shop to 200 x 200. A 25 x 200 foot section consists of the various parts storage areas. Other small arear that are built into the shop are the small-scale machine shop, for work on circuit boards, the darkroom, for photo etching of circuit boards, and the computer room, that holds the computer that has the CADAM, computer-aided design and manufacturing, software.

Thre lab and computer rooms are also going to be 200 x 200 foot areas. Of course, the crime lab is actually a group of labs and storage facilities connected by a hallway and the computer room is two rooms, a 50 x 50 foor hoom holding the keyboards, monitors, printers, and other equipment, as well as the communications gear. The rest of it is a larger room, holding the seven linked Cray T932 mainframes and their support equipment.

The airport will definately be Burke Lakefront Airport. The hangers will hold the Batplane' date=' Batcopter, and the aircraft repair shop while the Batboat is moored at the nearby lighthouse.[/quote']

I'm confused. :confused:

Are you saying you're going to use a map of Burke Lakefront Airport for the pocket universe? Or that Burke Lakefront Airport has been moved to a pocket universe? Or that the pocket universe has access to Burke Lakefront Airport as well as to Wayne Manor?