Menace out of Time?

starblaze

Re: Menace out of Time?

Whoa, it's been a long time since I played that one, but IIRC, it worked out great. It even inspired later adventures and characters. Someone wanted to make the heir to the Masque, another hero gained an interest in prehistoric studies (having been there), and so on. Alas, the villain never became my equivilant of Kang, because the campaign died out, but it was never the less good stuff. Just wish I could remember the details.

Re: Menace out of Time?

It worked out very well in my game. It had more character development come out of it that just about any other adventure I ran.

-One PC of mystic origins added primitive shamanistic magic to his schtick after apprenticing himself to an old man in prehistory

-A hunted joined the PC team after being forced to work together in the distant past

-One PC used his Wealth to buy the entire mountain where their prehistoric tribesmen lived & protect it from becoming a ski-resort. This is now a favorite spot to go brood when dramatic vistas are needed.

-Crimestopper became a frequent contact in the modern era where he is in the nursing home. (Great source of adventure background on "reawakening threat' type enemies)

-Thor, even a rapidly fading one, can be a great ally. IMC the players called on him when Firewing tore through everybody else & was about to level a major city. Thor thought it was fun. So did Firewing.

A couple pieces of advice that come out of my playthrough..

-I feel I may have rushed things in the prehistoric era. If I had it to do over again I would have spent a whole session or two detailing the PCs adventures there before they escape. Maybe something involving the Elder Wyrm?

-I made a change involving the identity of Tempus, my players would have seen the adventure's Tempus coming a mile away. And given that they left an NPC ally behind to make sure "nothing went wrong" it was probably a good thing I did.

I was able to fudge enough to get them stuck in history, but the whole revenge thing would have been some serious railroading given the precautions they took.

If you players aren't that paranoid, I wouldn't worry about it though.