Automatons...

Jkeown

Does anyone make extensive use of Automatons in their FH game? I was looking over a Final Fantasy Website last night and saw "Magic Pots" that could only be written as Automatons...

Anyway... I ran with the idea, and if anyone wants to see them, I'll post em later... with pix!

Pot, Jar, Kettle, Mug, Cannister... Urn?

Re: Automatons...

I use Automaton rules for a lot of things, like "Ooozes", Plant/Fungoid monsters, some Sentient Weapons, as well as the more obvious Golems and most varieties of Undead.

Just learn from the mistake of one of the junior GM's in my play groups of the past who, during a stint as GM, doubled the BODY of the Zombies he was throwing against the group because "they barely had any defense in the standard write up". He didnt fully understand the x3 cost of defenses for Automatons and the ramifications of something never getting knocked out or staggered. That was one LOOOOOOOOONG fight scene.

I play them as standard Auto's... my PCs are used to scaring or cowing NPCs (they are, it should be noted, bad asses, the lot of em...) .

Not so with these new ones, they'll be tough and attack en masse.

I'll have them on my page in a hour or so... gotta get home first.

Here we go... I got really sick of drawing after only 2 pix, but I'll do the rest if there's demand.

I think maybe these are really good starts on ideas like this, but who knows? The way I describe them, they should have tactics maybe... dunno.

http://www.geocities.com/jephkay@sbcglobal.net/ceramites.htm

It is not linked from my main page because my players will see it waaay to easily. They don't really read these forums much...

Just learn from the mistake of one of the junior GM's in my play groups of the past who, during a stint as GM, doubled the BODY of the Zombies he was throwing against the group because "they barely had any defense in the standard write up". He didnt fully understand the x3 cost of defenses for Automatons and the ramifications of something never getting knocked out or staggered. That was one LOOOOOOOOONG fight scene.

Speaking of Zombies and 3x cost on defenses...

In most FH games, player characters get armor point free by spending money. Would a Necromancer, then, be able to just spend money to buy armor for his zombies? Zombies in Full Plate = a very, very long fight scene!