Mix n Match

Hermit

American Cougar A patriotic soldier, who loves his country and strives for the highest ideals... with claws, regeneration, and nigh unbreakable bones.

Luke Drew aka Spider A tough ghetto born and raised fighter with inner nobility, pragmatism, a history of mercenary tendencies with a hidden heart of gold, with the powers of gliding, stings, and pheromones.

Mantle A wise cracking, slightly insecure guy who knows that with great power, comes great responsibility, and strives to use his Powered Armor discovery for just that purpose.

Recluse* A complex, often mixed up individual with tendencies towards going lone wolf one moment, beserk the next, and, at his best, being a samurai; he uses his own Spider Powers (swinging instead of venom blasts)to protect his own family, whatever team that maybe at the time.

Errant A shield swinging serum enhanced hand to hand fighter who has no idea of his true origins, and neither does anyone else.

Titan Having climbed out of the bottle and stayed there for some time, this former playboy uses his vast powers of flight, invulnerability, and super strength and has yet to discover his limits.

Jessica Cage, aka Power Woman Though not the strongest of the group, this woman's strength is formidible, her skin unbreakable, and her true loyalities unknown even to her team mates.

* Actually, I already have a character called Recluse I much prefer, but it was all that came to me at the time.

Anyone reading the New Avengers, or even having heard much of whos' on it so far, probably guessed that all I did above was swap powers and personalities/backgrounds. I was wondering if anyone else ever did this in order to make characters? I've tried it, and sometimes it yields cool, or at least entertaining results...and yes, sometimes down right goofy ones. :)

Re: Mix n Match

Mantle, I like heroes who recognize the responsability inherant in the position.

Instead of switching powers and personalities I usually go the Kieth Giffen route of just renaming/imagining an existing character. As an example, I needed someone like Captain Cold from the Flash. I made him a techno thief with a forcefield that could immobilize individuals, ala freezing in a block of ice, and make forcewalls.

Those are some cool ideas. I recognize some of them (not being a fan of Marvel, they don't all stick out - I'm guessing they're primarily Marvel) though Titan does look like Batman/Superman.

Um, does Recluse share some Hulk? The 'sometimes berserk' looks like him, though it could be many people, I suppose.

Those are some cool ideas. I recognize some of them (not being a fan of Marvel, they don't all stick out - I'm guessing they're primarily Marvel) though Titan does look like Batman/Superman.

Um, does Recluse share some Hulk? The 'sometimes berserk' looks like him, though it could be many people, I suppose.

What, you don't obssess over every latest change Marvel makes? How are they supposed to milk you if you don't? :)

Oh well, for those that are curious and don't read New Avengers...

American Cougar/ Captain America Personality, Wolverine Powers

Luke Drew aka Spider/ Luke Cage(aka formerly Power Man of Heroes for Hire) for personality and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew's) Powers.

Mantle/ Peter Parker's soul in Tony Stark's wardrobe ;)

Recluse/ Wolverine's Personality (though I realize it can change with the latest fad) and Spider-Man's Powers

Errant/ Sentry's Personality, Cap's shield and battle skills.

Titan/ Tony Stark's Personality and background, Sentry's powers.

Jessica Cage, aka Power Woman/ Spider Woman's personality, Luke Cage's powers.