I'm selling my miniatures collection!

CDad

I'm selling a collection of ~300 superhero miniatures. About 1/2 are Heroclix, and the other half are painted miniatures. I'll have a photo gallery available tomorrow for viewing, and I'm offering it to someone on this board before it heads off to e-bay. They come in two boxes, with customized trays. It will be pretty evident if you look at the gallery what I mean.

I have a handful of mods in it as well... The Tick, The Radioactive Bear from Adventurer's Club #1, Kevin Matchstick from Mage, and The Incredibles (Frozone, Syndrome, Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Dash, and Violet).

About 20 are not painted, but I'd be willing to either 1) paint them up for you, or 2) include my painting equipment and let you customize your own.

Serious offers only, as this is an outstanding collection - I've received more than my share of praise over them.

Re: I'm selling my miniatures collection!

I'm sorry to hear that your collection is hitting the auction block, but I'm hoping it's due to lack of interest and not something icky financially.

As an aside, having seen the pics of his work, the winner is going to delighted. :thumbup:

Sorry for the delay, I've been having problems with my camera. Things look okay now, and I can start taking pictures this evening. Should have a picture gallery available tomorrow.

It's a great collection if minis, and I'm quite proud of my work. I'm selling partly due to ZERO RPGing in the last 8 years, partly due to my improved golf game, and partly due to finances.

Sorry for the delay, I've been having problems with my camera. Things look okay now, and I can start taking pictures this evening. Should have a picture gallery available tomorrow.

It's a great collection if minis, and I'm quite proud of my work. I'm selling partly due to ZERO RPGing in the last 8 years, partly due to my improved golf game, and partly due to finances.

Sorry to hear about 1 and 3, but hey, awesome on 2!

I decided to finish up the painting (while getting the digital camera issues resolved). I'm about 1/2 way through painting, and 1/3 way through picture taking, but I thought I'd post the location of the pictures for anyone interested. The minis all have a matte protective finish, but they appear shiny in the pictures.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b276/CDad/

I'll post again once all the pictures are in place. I've created several galleries, one for Champions minis, one for Marvel (both Grenadier & Heroclix), one for DC (again, both Grenadier and Heroclix minis included), one for V&V, one for Indys (like Old Glory and Silver Sentinal minis) and one for Agents.

The minis are stored in two boxes, with individual storage trays (I'll include pics as well).

I'm definately interested, but doubt I can put up enough cash to make it worth your while.

A few questions though:

1) Are you selling these as one large group, or as several smaller groups?

2) Are you planning to run a sorta Heroboards auction here (through PM I'd imagine) or some other method? Will it be an action at all, or are you just gonna spit out a price and first come first serve?

I really want to sell the entire collection as a single unit. Breaking it out into pieces would be really throwing a monkey wrench in the works. I already have a great storage system (two padded boxes with foam trays) that would be worthless if I went individual or in sets. Seriously, it's like sending a child off to college!

I want to give Herogames board members a first shot (h3ll yeah, give someone that plays Champions first crack at it!), but I knew beforehand that this would be a pricey item.

Once I have all the pics posted, I'll make a note here, and give anyone interested 1 week to send me a PM with their offer. I do have a minimum sale price in mind already, so if nobody matches or exceeds it, then the next step is to take it to e-bay. I mean, I'm not going to accept a $10 offer!

Also, I'm including the paints & brushes used on the minis for future touch-ups.

I have a suggestion. This isn't for CDad so much as the rest of us. See if there is a group of us willing to split the collection amicably and whether or not we could arrange a reasonable method of getting payments to CDad.

So for example, if the whole thing went for X dollars, and three people want it in the following ratios, they all send checks to CDad and once they clear he ships it out to one trusted resender. I'm only suggesting this as it was the only way I could find a bidder when I sold off a full 100 man Space marine army plus vehicles. Possibly a gaming group will make a bid or a consortium of buyers on here could get together and make a group offer after settling on who gets which figs.

Just a thought, simply because like CDad I think it would be nice if they went to a good home instead of an E-Bay merchant who sees them as a business investment.

I have a suggestion. This isn't for CDad so much as the rest of us. See if there is a group of us willing to split the collection amicably and whether or not we could arrange a reasonable method of getting payments to CDad.

So for example, if the whole thing went for X dollars, and three people want it in the following ratios, they all send checks to CDad and once they clear he ships it out to one trusted resender. I'm only suggesting this as it was the only way I could find a bidder when I sold off a full 100 man Space marine army plus vehicles. Possibly a gaming group will make a bid or a consortium of buyers on here could get together and make a group offer after settling on who gets which figs.

Just a thought, simply because like CDad I think it would be nice if they went to a good home instead of an E-Bay merchant who sees them as a business investment.

That's a great idea Proditor ... I know I may be interested in some myself ...

Hiya CDad,

Sorry to hear that you are selling off your collection. I doubt I could purchase any of it, but did want to thank you for posting all of the pics. The agents colelction alone makes a GM drool. Any chance you could post some information about some of the agent figures and who manufactured them? I recognize a lot of the SuperFigs, HeroClix mods, and the older Champions figures, but some of the agents (like the Viper Officers and the Black Clad high tech agents) weren't as familiar.

Nice work! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Keith

Hiya CDad,

Sorry to hear that you are selling off your collection. I doubt I could purchase any of it, but did want to thank you for posting all of the pics. The agents colelction alone makes a GM drool. Any chance you could post some information about some of the agent figures and who manufactured them? I recognize a lot of the SuperFigs, HeroClix mods, and the older Champions figures, but some of the agents (like the Viper Officers and the Black Clad high tech agents) weren't as familiar.

Nice work! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Keith

I plan to post info on all the mini's once I am finished painting the remaining 20ish. I want these final minis to be as good as any of the others, plus the next 4 days are super-booked (Husker football AND Labor Day weekend - going golfing 4 times!), so I honestly doubt I'll be ready before this time next week. I'm also organizing the photo galleries for better viewing.

The Viper Officers, Viper Mechs, and Until agents came out of the same Hero System sets that included Dr. Destroyer, Captain Australia, Grond, and Mechanon.

Most of the miniatures are from Marvel & DC Heroclix, SuperFigs, SilverSentinals, Old Glory, ancient (20+ year old) grenadier, and V&V. Honestly, I don't recall where I picked up some of them! I believe Keyes_bill (thanks for the correction, Proditor) wrote an excellent article on where to find minis, and I followed up and found some great ones!

The agents were great because they gave me very specific ideas on equipment. The robot "agents" are outstanding - I can't really believe such a simple paint scheme would look so fantastic!

Put yourself in my shoes - I was itching to run Champions; no, make that going crazy; sitting with all these minis and enough adventure plans to last 4-5 years.... and not a single bit of interest from anyone I knew. I take that back, I did have one trio that were interested, but they wanted to "push the envelope of Super-heroism" (their words). One wanted to be an intelligent sword that possessed it's wielder (and could not be harmed), one wanted to to play a "kind hearted serial killer" (killed the bad guys, but was merciful), don't remember the third idea. They never could agree on when to meet, so nothing happened.

NOTE: I've recieved several PMs from interested parties. Thanks for the interest, but please wait until I have everything in place before you make a serious offer. Also, I do not have the Heroclix "clix" anymore (they were donated to my 7 year old nephew, who lost most of them soon thereafter).

• 2 weeks later...

No more delays, football games, or golf outings. I finished painting the last mini last night, and pictures are now up.

If anyone is interested, super! Send me a PM with your bid before Friday, September 23rd at 6:00 p.m. Central time. I do have a minimum amount I'm willing to accept.

Here is a final breakdown... apparently I forgot how large a collection I had...

427 total miniatures (132 Agents, 72 Large-sized miniatures, 223 Heroes & Villians).

45 Champions

9 Mods

21 V&V

16 Marvel Grenadier

161 MarvelClix + 1 Marvelclix Sentinal

19 DCClix

11 Grenadier DC

144 Indys (Silver Age, SuperFigs, Old Glory)