Steve (and everyone else), help with a F/X

JmOz

Okay this is borderline rules question, borderline "How to", and as I like rules debates I have placed it here for the whole world to chime in on, but would still like Steve's opinino on it

Character concept is Similar to Deuce from Millenium City, except I see the dup dying more often, as such would like to build in some saftey features

I am thinking Healing with the regeneration option is the most appropriate (From death and Limbs), Also thinking of making it cost Endurance, fed off a end reserve, the problem here is that the dup is to "shatter" if it dies and return to the characters body to heal (note I also don't want it to be ABLE to heal body damage except for "Inside" the character)

Also have another problem, as immagined the character would have an End Reserve that was only chargable while inside the main character

The mechanics are not right for the concept yet and I could use all the help I can get

The total F/X is the characters body can send out this energy form, but the form has no way to sustain itself, when it runs out of energy it "shatters" returning to the character, further more any damage it takes is "healed" by drawing more energy from its reserve

From what I can see, you want to be able to create characters who can be 'active' (at least in regards to recovery and regeneration) when they aren't around. From what I understand, Duplication doesn't allow that.

Maybe you should use Summon instead of Duplication. The game mechanics may fit better. You may need some version of the Specific Being modifier. Of course, you'd also probably need Amicable. Some sort of 'if Summoned before it would recover, it has X damage' limitation may be applicable.

I'd say just buy Duplication with a huge amount of extra Duplicates, and a Limitation that you can only create one at a time (-1/4). Every time a Dupe "shatters," it dies. When you run out of what you've bought, just slap five points into the power and voila! you can keep producing Dupes.

Doug's Summon suggestion would also work well.

Thanks for the help so far... Anyone else with ideas?

This is a real "Square Peg" idea in a round hole,

The character is actualy a hybrid of Raven (From the tean titans) and Wonder Man (Avengers)

The character can absorb "Cosmic Energy" from the enviroment, giving him brick like powers, he can also however send some of the energy out of him, to form a "Cosmic Image" of himself, the cosmic image is composed of energy he has absorbed. The image itself can only heal itself by expending energy, or while it is "inside" the character, when the cosmic image is in effect the character can actualy still see/hear everything going on

Does the image require concentration on the part of the character? If so, you could run this as a single multiform, with a special effect that the "real body" is off in a corner controlling the show.

Of course, if both bodies are able to perform actions and interact with the world, then you clearly need to build this as duplication or summon. Ah, autonomy. Is there anything more expensive?

I'm not fond of the idea of having to spend character points just for using a power. It seems wasteful to me. Unless the duplicate actually gets killed, I'm not sure it's reasonable to have to say it died just for the special effect that it shatters.