Help me to build this power.

altamaros

Hello HeroDom.

Here is the concept for a player of mine (i think that it will be a multipower with various things inside but it's unclear in my mind about the limitations and stuff)

The character (from a manga) has the ability to summon weapons (one at a time) and use them against his ennemies.

1) The character can summon one of ten weapons from "somewhere" (or create them instantly if you prefer). So far, in the comics, he has summoned a mace, a scythe, a rifle and a sword. i'm open to suggestions for the others.

2) The character cannot choose which weapon is summoned. This is done randomly. (1D10 in game)

3) The character cannot make the weapon disappear it it hasn't been used successfully at least once against a ennemy. The weapon automatically disappearing after hitting a target (one successful hit in game terms even if it draws no damage).

In other words, the character cannot summon any other weapon as long as the current one has not been used once.

(note that all the weapons are too big to be hidden on the character)

your suggestions ?

Re: Help me to build this power.

seems like a fairly simple multipower one slot for each weapon all the powers are instant so you only get one attack then have to activate again only tricky bit is how to represent that summon without attacking.

you could probably just buy no conscious control for the whole pool and use that to represent the fact that he has no choice over the weapon and can't dissipate it if he summons it without use.

Re: Help me to build this power.

Multipower, almost definitely, maybe VPP - *if* it makes a difference which weapon he gets. If they're all the same in game terms, then it's just a wiredly defined HKA, whether it's a mace or a sword or a +5 garlic press. I'm not sure the full modifier for No Conscious Control would apply, since presumably the weapons don't appear unless he asks for them, but it's the right track.

There's also the question (from the show) whether the weapon which appears just happens to be uniquely suited to the task at hand. This happens a lot in shows/books where the heros doesn't know or doesn't have full control of his powers: he doesn't consciously pick the best of his swiss-army knife of powers, but it just works out that way, accidentally or due to some mysterious fate. If that's the case, then its not really a Limitation, but a role-playing issue.

As an aside, with a little work you could come up with a deck of cards with the various weapons (and their stats) on them. This could provide an amusing prop, and a clever GM could actually manipulate the mix of cards available for any given session.