csl

steph

i am a little confused one of my character in a fantasy game (a heavy warrior) got 5 combats skills levels with all axes (a little group of attack) a value of (3) my question is in a fight my warrior can take is csl to put on is dvc if he fight with is axe or if is foe got axe? with a 3value csl can i put in my dcv or dc if i fight with a axe

hope i am clear

english not my first language

stef the french canadian from montreal

Re: csl

i am a little confused one of my character in a fantasy game (a heavy warrior) got 5 combats skills levels with all axes (a little group of attack) a value of (3) my question is in a fight my warrior can take is csl to put on is dvc if he fight with is axe or if is foe got axe? with a 3value csl can i put in my dcv or dc if i fight with a axe

hope i am clear

stef the french canadian from montreal

The skill levels represent your warrior's ability to use the axe offensively and/or defensively, so you may apply them to his OCV or DCV in any combination you choose for each phase in which you act. You cannot use the skill levels when facing an axe-wielding opponent if you do not have an axe yourself. You would need to purchase appropriate skill levels with DCV (possibly with the limitation "only vs. axe-wielding opponents", if you so desired).

Hopefully that answers your questions.

....and the DCV won't count against missile weapon attacks, but does work against any HtH attack SO LONG AS (as Vanguard00 rightly says) you have an axe.

Interestingly enough, I might be persuaded to let you use half of the levels (round down) for DCV if you were NOT using an axe but your opponent was - after all you are better able to anticipate what he'll be doing with it....but that is certainly not official and probably more trouble than it is worth...just my idle musings...

just for be sure i got 5 (3csl) with all axes i can decide to put in dcv if i want if i fight with a axes and the dcv bonus will work only vs (hth) foes...but i can also use it in my dcv vs all others foes who carry another weapons then a axe like sword or mace

stef

hope i am clear

stef

As long as your character has an axe in his hand, he can use those levels in either OCV or DVC, as long as he's facing HTH foes (I left that part out before; sorry). It doesn't matter what weapon his opponent is using (axe, sword, ladle, cucumber, etc.)

You cannot use your levels just because your opponent is using an axe, though. The levels don't work that way. The levels only work for the weapon you use, not the one that is used against you.

Except if you throw an axe and the CSLs apply to that attack as well, in which case you can apply the CSLs to DCV against Ranged attacks but not HTH attacks.

BTW, normally 3-point CSLs can apply to a Tight Group, which could be, "Axes/Maces/Picks," or, "Thrown Axes/Knives/Darts" (if I am remembering the exact composition of those Tight Groups correctly; it's something like that). I allow 3-point CSLs to apply to, "axes," or, "knives," which means both HTH and thrown uses of those weapons, but not to picks, maces, swords, darts, etc. Just axes both held and thrown, or knives both held and thrown.

As Vanguard said. My personal ruling concerning using your CSLs for DCV against a foe's axe is a house rule. It's a house rule I'd recomend as well. From my own experience with swords, knowing how one can and can't be used (effectively and ineffectively) can be a great aid to a swordsman who's been suddenly disarmed.

Oh boy, I hope Babel Fish is up to this:

Vous pouvez employer vos niveaux pour augmenter OCV, DCV, des dommages si, et seulement si, vous utilisez une hache. Elle n'importe pas quelle arme l'adversaire a, et la poussée de DCV ne fonctionne pas contre des attaques étendues.

You can use your levels to increase OCV, DCV, damage if, and only if, you are wielding an axe. It doesn't matter what weapon the opponent has, and the DCV boost does not work against ranged attacks.

Hi,

Long time forum lurker here, and newly convert to Hero System. Though I can't help with the rule, i can contribute for the translation part :)

(BTW, Balbelfish job wasn't too bad)

"Tu peux utiliser tes niveaux de combat pour augmenter l'OCV, la DCV et/ou les dégâts si et seulement si tu utilises une hache. L'arme utilisée par l'adversaire est sans importance, et le bonus de DCV ne fonctionne pas contre les attaques à distance."

Hi,

Long time forum lurker here, and newly convert to Hero System. Though I can't help with the rule, i can contribute for the translation part :)

(BTW, Balbelfish job wasn't too bad)

"Tu peux utiliser tes niveaux de combat pour augmenter l'OCV, la DCV et/ou les dégâts si et seulement si tu utilises une hache. L'arme utilisée par l'adversaire est sans importance, et le bonus de DCV ne fonctionne pas contre les attaques à distance."

Welcome to the boards, Araknir. What a public spirited start!