Teleport Questions, megascale and fixed location

Alverant

Re: Teleport Questions, megascale and fixed location

Reading the original post and actually thinking about it I am not sure that a fixed or floating location would do it, by a strict reading of the rules, for teleporting to a (non-specific) phone. The problem is that you are not there: you technically can not even use clairsentience to set a floating location without GM permission.

Whilst the natural inclination is to handwave this, if you don't do exercise you are a bit scuppered.

Personally I'd be waving.

• 1 month later...

I'm a big noob here' date=' but couldn't you work this as FTL travel through phone lines?[/quote']

The problem with that is that FTL only works in the vacuum of space and nowhere near a planet's surface. Besides, how would you see where you're going? Thats' a lot of Rapids on the Sight Group.

Yeah. If it were me I'd likely hand wave it, but after some thought I considered:

Teleportation 8", MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (36 Active Points); Only On Appropriate Terrain Open Phone Line (-1), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4)

Safeguards would have to be added to prevent the PC from appearing in a wall. Perhaps some sort of clairsentience. :)

Safeguards would have to be added to prevent the PC from appearing in a wall. Perhaps some sort of clairsentience. :)

Or the Safe Blind Teleport Advantage. It's what I typically use for superspeed or turns-into-energy Teleport powers.