Super-quick solo session help...

Savinien

Depths of Space game fell apart cause one of the players is scared of the snow. But, the other player still intends on making it.

So, I need a story hook for the RCU's homage to Superman.

Anyone already familiar with Morning Star will greatly help, but I don't think there's a lot of you out there.

Therefore, understand that Morning Star is quite a bit like Supes and is likely the most powerful Hero in the RCU (though a couple others are arguably more versatile therefore possibly more powerful).

Anyway.. Any ideas? (Builds or at least partials would be accepted).

Re: Super-quick solo session help...

I don't know enough about your source material to be able to comment without further data; can you expound slightly? I can probably cough up a few plot hooks tonight and post them when I get in tomorrow, but I need some sort of background, if you can provide it.

I would rip off any of the many fine episodes of Superman:the Animated Series, and maybe put a twist in them so it isn't too by the script.

For example

1)Morning Star ends up transported to a world where the CoJ never reformed, and his double felt he had to take over the city "for its own good"

2) Morning Star runs into being that is more of a pain in the butt than lethal, but the power of the little nut is that he must be defeated by cleverness instead of just raw force.

3) For an unknown reason, someone tries to 'kill' Morning Star in his secret Identity, and that S.I.D. is now presumed dead. How to get his other life back without arousing suspicion.

As to Superman builds, one of the best Silver Age Evil Superman Homages in the official CU is Super Nova from Galactic Champions. All it take is a quick disad tweak to make him into a true-blue Superman homage. Viperia makes a great Supergirl. Susano has some good Supes write-ups as well, though (iirc) most skip the access to Kryptonian tech he had at the height of the Silver Age.

Someone stealing Kryptonian or Alien tech from the Fortress of Solitude can work for any age or flavor of quick adventure. It can be as simple as stopping the thief from escaping from the fortress, or you can do more elaborate scenarios involving trying to find and subdue a bad guy in a Kryptonian battle tank.

(While I hated the Superman 5 movie scripts that were floating around a while back, the Kryptonian Supercar etc., while silly, didn't bug me. I remember versions of most of those gadgets turning up in high Silver Age Superman stories.)