The House of El

Whitewings

We all know the story of how Kal-El was sent away from Krypton by his parents. At least some of us know how the pre-Crisis Jor-El was warking on a larger ship, one that could carry him and Lara and their son (a toddler, not an infant) away from the doomed planet. So... what might have happened if he'd succeeded? If Kal-El had landed as a baby on Earth, *along with his parents?* Remember, Jor-El was the greatest scientific and technological genius Krypton had ever seen, and Lara was only slightly behind him.

Re: The House of El

I know how I'd handle it if I were a writer for DC.

The ship carrying Jor El and family makes its way towards Earth, despite Jor El's genius, the ship did not have time to be tested, and the ride is a bumpy one with shockwaves from the destroyed planet chasing behind them and threatening to hammer chunks of asteroid through the hull.

Alas, not all races in the stars are benevolent, and while few are as advanced as the Kryptonians, many are still sophisticated enough to sense the ship passing through their sectors. When they ( I think I'd use the Citadel and Psions or whatever Starfire's enemies are called) realize the Kryptonian vessel is light on weapons, but still heavy on Tech, they make renewed efforts to seize it!

Only the intervention and self sacrafice of a Green Lantern (still distraught over his failure to save Krypton) allows them to get away, but the El family ship is even more damaged than before. A rather dramatic crash landing into a continent of the Western Hemisphere does NOT go unnoticed...

The Kryptonians have landed, and Jor El is happy to pay for his family's well being by offering new medicines, new energy sources, and so forth to help Earth become a utopia; one wiser, he hopes, than Krypton. Of course, only the intervention of the like of the JSA (or other 'old time heroes') keeps the US govt from simply trying to seize the tech assuming an invasion. Years later, this will so inspire young Kal El, that he will idolize these human heroes and put on a costume himself.

Sadly, an invasion IS coming. Other races beyond the stars follow the trail of energy left by the ship, and make their way towards the Earth. Their scouts are delighted to find not only Kyrptonian tech and two scientists of that race ready to be exploited, but billions of primative sentients that will make fine slaves!

The small scouting party makes an attempt to seize the Els, but by now, the super powers the Yellow Sun grants are in full swing, and the husband and wife easily defeat the surprised scout, but not before a signal is given.

Jor El's wife points out that they've brought doom to this planet they meant as a new home. Hating violence, nevertheless, the Els see no choice to begin sharing even weapon and defense tech. However, they decide to select only certain individuals they can trust. Eventually, a satelite of unique design with orbital teleporter tech floats in Earthspace, with young humans of exceptional skill, power, and most of all, character ready to fight.

Out of both respect to the JSAers who helped his family, and to remind him that their goals should be noble, Jor El dubs the force "The Justice League" , the press, in turn, has dubbed he and his wife "Superman, and Superwoman".

Now comes the war that will shake the heavens, and either turn the Earth into one, or leave it a scar ravaged hell.

I want Waid, Busiek, (or me, not that I compare, but hell's bells, it's my idea) to write it, not as fussy on the artist as long as they are good, but hard to beat Perez for this sort of thing.

I think my take would be slightly different ...

Rocketing away from their homeworld just as it's being destroyed, the El family finds themselves in the arctic wastes of Antarctica. Building a home with some of the tech they brought with them, Jor-El spends the next few years monitoring their new found home, while Lara spends time raising young Kal.

Jor-El, being the scientist that he is, finds Earth's superhumans most interesting, as he's never seen such a phenomena before. Deciding to investigate further, he leaves his wife and child in the care of their trusty dog Krypto and their semi-sentient computer Brainiac*. Journeying forth, he aids the JSA in a battle against Vandal Savage and is dubbed "Superman" by the media. He discovers that the people of this planet are good people for the most part and, after working part-time at home and part-time as a hero, is accepted into the JSA. It's with them that he fights several villains, most notably Lionel Luthor, who plunges his fortune into replicating Superman's powers, but in the long run, must be placed in crude, cryogenic sleep so that he may be cured of the poisoning he's done to himself.

Then, as WWII ends, there seems to be a lull. Jor spends many a day at his family's fortress as young Kal grows into a teen. The elder El decides to start bringing his son on adventures, dubbing him "Superboy". It's also around this time that Jor's niece, Kara Zor-El, lands on the planet. Adopting the girl as his own, she joins the group as "Supergirl". Lara, not finding any thrill in being a hero, turns towards more academic pursuits, studying the land and the effects of space.

During one of her studies, Lara discovers that particles from their homeworld have made their way to Earth, slowly showering down in a green rain. She pleads with Jor to stop heroing, explaining that he could die, but he doesn't listen. Then, during the '60s, it happens. Several meteor rocks plummet from the sky and rain green death for the wayward Kryptonians. Jor-El attempts to save his adoptive home, but all is for nothing, as he parishes from Kryptonite poisoning. Hoping to save her son and adoptive daughter, Lara banishes the two to the Phantom Zone before she herself parishes. While there, they discover various Kryptonian criminals, some of which have been banished there by Jor-El. While it seems like an eternity that they're in the Zone, battling these criminals, the duo are temporarily released in the 30th Century, helping form the Legion of Superheroes and adventuring with them for a short time. It's also during this time that Kal and Lara are treated for their Kryptonite weakness by Brainiac 5. Eventually, with Kal reaching adulthood, they return to the Phantom Zone as history has stated.

Meanwhile, back in the 20th century, Brainiac uses the body of Jor-El to create himself a cloned body. Using Jor's reputation, he manages to absorb most of the knowledge on the Earth and, after defeating both old and new supers alike, pronounces himself the ruler of the Earth. Hoping to stop him, a small resistance is formed by the mysterious Batman, reporter Lois Lane and the swashbuckling Green Arrow. Together, the journey to Antarctica to find Superman's fortress and a way to stop the Kryptonian dictator.

*Yes, I know that Brainiac is Coulan, but I kinda dig the computer schtick from S:TAS.

That's where I'd start the campaign ;)

Road to Earth, Day One:

Lara: “What do you mean there’s no bathroom!?!â€

Jor-El: “It’s the Silver Age! We don’t need bathrooms!â€

Lara: “What!?!â€

Day Three:

Jor-El: “Strange…radiation…feeling…such…pain…â€

Lara: “Just use the specimen bags.â€

Day Two Hundred and Seventy Three:

Jor-El: “I spy with my little eye…â€

Lara: “I should never have married you.â€

Day four hundred and sixty five:

Lara: “A planet! A living world! We’re saved!â€

Jor-El: “As my calculations predicted! And they said I was mad! Mad!â€

Lara: “Where are the landing controls?!?â€

Jor-El: “No need for any of that. Yellow Sun radiation has made us invulnerable, and the ship as well!â€

Lara: “MY BAYBY!â€

(Crash)

Martha Kent: “John, what was that?â€

John Kent: “What was what?â€

(Blast wave hits. Debris blots out the sun. The new ice age has begun.)

Phantom Zone:

Zod: “Ha Ha!â€

Jor-EL, Lara and Kal-El escape the doom of Krypton with the help of Toma-re Green Lantern sent to save Krypton. He is able to sheild the ship and a chunk of the planet with a domed city on it. focusing on keeping the residence of the city alive kills the Green Lantern and Zor-EL becomes the next Green Lantern of the Sector (2813 I beleive), Moving all the other surviors of Kryptonopolis to a safer location Zor-El start his duties.

Jor-El ship flys to Earth landing safely in an agricutural region of North America. He quickly set about to blending in on his new world. He studies the new world and quickly settles on a cover identiy of and buys land to "farm", (In actuality he has robots do the labor so he may study the culture and ecomonics through interaction). Jor-El Quickly becomes a business leader and owns several Companies that deal in agri-business and enviromental clean up. He quieely fixes other wrongs with his powers that he and his wife develop on earth.

Having several other childern (Kon-El, Mon-El and Kara Jor-El) Lara and Jor-El maintain a low profile with there powers and fix issues through political, finacal and finally physical power. But soon a ship from another world crashes a dying alien choises Kal-El to be the next Green Lantern of Sector 2814.... Mon-El starts adventuring as Superman and Kara as Superwoman, Kon-El studies with his father with the aim of taking over the families Gentics Business. And the whole family has to think about leaving earth to move to New Krypton now that Kal-El discovers who the Green Lantern of the Next Sector is..

:nonp: Did I mess any plot hooks?