National Geograpic Maps Special Edition

Barton

CD-ROMs of all NG maps from 1888 to 1999. PRINTABLE!!! Very cool, it tiles the print out put. It cost $16 at my local Costco. Requires Win 95 or greater. I plan on using it for customized maps for my pulp games that I run.

You can also copy and past to a drawing program for truely customized maps.

Re: National Geograpic Maps Special Edition

I have the magazines, too. It would be a superb research tool if the resolution were halfway decent. As it is you get eyestrain trying to read the articles (and believe me, I read a bunch while researching PH) because each page is basically a big JPG. I wish they'd release them as PDFs; I'd gladly pay for them again in that format.

Hmmm' date=' that sounds more advanced than the version I have. Does it allow for selective printing of parts of a map, such as only the central section of an Africa map?[/quote']

Yes it does by copy/paste to a drawing program. Very cool!

Check your local Costco, it was about $16.

I have the magazines' date=' too. It would be a superb research tool if the resolution were halfway decent. As it is you get eyestrain trying to read the articles (and believe me, I read a bunch while researching PH) because each page is basically a big JPG. I wish they'd release them as PDFs; I'd gladly pay for them again in that format.[/quote']

Agreed. I bought this years ago for my parents and was greatly disappointed. Technology has advanced since then and I think PDF would be the way to go.