Human Torch vs. Pyro, who wins?

Hyper-Man

Re: Human Torch vs. Pyro, who wins?

He was British in his first few appearances' date=' then he mutated into an Australian. :)[/quote']

It's unclear what he was originally meant to be. The only reference I'm aware of is Blob calling him a 'Limey' in Days of Future Past. But with Claremont's knowledge of other cultures, I wouldn't be surprised if he meant Pyro to be Australian, and just didn't realise what 'Limey' actually meant. -.-

It's unclear what he was originally meant to be. The only reference I'm aware of is Blob calling him a 'Limey' in Days of Future Past. But with Claremont's knowledge of other cultures' date=' I wouldn't be surprised if he meant Pyro to be Australian, and just didn't realise what 'Limey' actually meant. -.-[/quote']

Is it reasonable to expect that the Blob could differentiate between an Australian and a British accent, would know that Limey is a reference only to a Briton, or would care whether his slur is accurate or not?

Is it reasonable to expect that the Blob could differentiate between an Australian and a British accent' date=' would know that Limey is a reference only to a Briton, or would care whether his slur is accurate or not?[/quote']

"You've got the Queen on your money. You're British."

Yah, guess so. :) I just don't credit Claremont with that level of subtlety, I guess.