More from Caleon... The Master Blades

Jkeown

Feel free to use this in your own games, or line a birdcage with it... matters not to me... but I love posting my nonsense for you folks.

A Tale of The Scattering

In those days, before Mighty Kythros had ever laid the first brick upon the breast of the Lord of Snows, a great nation arose in the south. Serrule it was, a mighty gem in the crown of Serantia. So mighty a city and nation it was that all who did not enjoy her delights despised her. Set upon by Lord Arkoon, who was, in those dark days, but a man like any other, he made his war upon Serrule and sought to bring her down. Serrule had many a hero in those days, and all quested against the darkness of Arkoon, but none prevailed, Man, Elf, Dharzoon, all made their attempts at the Dark Lord. The 12 greatest of these gathered to the Elzar Lord of the Smithy Hylothian of Steelfire Gorge. Securing the Smith's favor, they bade him fashion twelve blades... Master Blades.

When at last the work was done, and Hylothian had laid aside his tools and considered what he had created. He took him a dagger, and opened his veins so that he died and none could make war with his skills again. Imeleaith found him, but that is another tale.

The Blades were taken up by the twelve, but so long was the laboring of them, that Arkoon heard of it. And he, being clever, forged from Raw Chaos a sword to oppose the Twelve; the Sword of Doom, of which we will speak no further utterance.

The Twelve, Master Blades in hand, assaulted Lord Arkoon, defeated his Demon Army and made footfall in his most private of chambers. There, great deeds of arms were done, great forces unleashed and the Twelve... they won out in the end.

But a happy ending is just an unfinished tale... The Blades of the Twelve were scattered for all must fall or die or forget... and from time to time, one arises, makes a name for its finder, and fades again into history.

For this is the way of things.

First among the Twelve is Azzerik, the Sword of Strife Unending, borne into battle by the Renegade, Djenarzouvis Vosh, it was he that conceived of the swords and named them to the Heroes of the Blades.

Azzerik: Multipower, 75-point reserve

u 1) Azzerik : (Total: 70 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +5 with HTH Combat (25 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 12) Note: 2H END: 0

u 2) Meteor Strike: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 71 Real Cost) RKA 2d6+1, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (70 Active Points) (Real Cost: 70) plus +1 with Ranged Combat (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) END: 7

Next was Kailoon, the Sword of Perseverance, carried into battle by the Spiralling Oskoon of Grolaan, who had adopted Serrule as her home. She was called Stormtossed, and Tempted, though none now alive can say why.

Kailoon - Sword of Perserverance: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) plus +10 CON (20 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 10) (, ) Note: 2H END: 0

Odoon, the Spirit Blade was wielded by D'Borlaia on the Fateful Day, and she needed it, as she was young and brash...not yet the master of her days.

Odoon: (Total: 90 Active Cost, 50 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) plus +10 EGO (Real Cost: 20) plus +10 Mental Defense (19 points total) (Real Cost: 10) Note: 2H END:0

Ezzod, the Blade of Yore was carried by Calephoon of Narthad, he that had defeated demons unnumbered, but had not mastered his own heart.

Ezzod - Sword of Yore: Multipower, 60-point reserve

u 1) Ezzod - Sword of Yore: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) Note: 2H END: 0

u 2) Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2) END: 0

Lagos of Yn carried Harrikoon, the Sword of Vengence, and that is more than enough to have said.

Harrikoon - Sword of Vengence: Multipower, 90-point reserve

u 1) Haarikoon: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +4 with HTH Combat (20 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 10) plus +10 STR (10 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) Note: 2H END: 1

u 2) Blade Wall: HKA 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2) (90 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) END: 0

Serrular was carried by she of the Mark, Gathos of Serrule, she who sought the death of the Dark Lord Saakan

Serrular - Sword of Serrule: (Total: 102 Active Cost, 35 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +4 with HTH Combat (20 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 10) plus FF (8 PD/8 ED/4 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) Note: 2H END: 0

Ond was carried by Buun, before that other tale ended him.

Ond - Sword of Strength: (Total: 65 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus +15 STR (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) Note: 2H END: 1

Peskoon, called the Hell-hone Blade by the Powerful and Paranoid, was mastered that day by Mindus, he of the Dharzoon, who had so lately occupied Caleon.

Peskoon - Sword of Fear: (Total: 140 Active Cost, 105 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus Drain PRE 6d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (90 Active Points) (Real Cost: 90) Note: 2H END: 9

Gonizar was weilded by Gaddros of Lyrdoonach, the brother of Yethros, who was later the first King of Kythros. All Kyth Kings are descended from him.

Gonizar - Sword of Understanding: (Total: 76 Active Cost, 28 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +2 with HTH Combat (10 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 5) plus +5 INT (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2) plus +5 EGO (10 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 5) plus +3 with Channeling (6 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) Note: 2H END: 0

Xathos was swung that day by the Fool Entullian of Pelkyr, of whom more is said elsewhere.

Xathos: (Total: 100 Active Cost, 31 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) plus Healing 4 BODY (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 11) Note: 2H END: 4

Aian, the Troll of Yarkoon, who slew his weight in demons at the mouth of Steelfire Gorge, carried Nythos, the blade of Night.

Nythos: Multipower, 60-point reserve

u 1) Nythos: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) Note: 2H END: 0

u 2) Night's Dawn: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Darkness to Sight and Mental Groups and Detect Magic 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 22) END: 6

Es'laan, that which was in later days called the Firestarter was borne by Lar Kyeon, the Dragon Warrior.

Es'laan: Multipower, 60-point reserve

u 1) Es'laan: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) Note: 2H END: 0

u 2) Firebolt: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Requires A Channeling Roll (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +3 with Ranged Combat (Real Cost: 15) END: 4

And yet... more is to come... for the Darkness of the Sword of Doom has yet to pass from this world and may never, so long as Men and Elves covet power, and Death holds sway over Fate.

Re: More from Caleon... The Master Blades

Wouldn't it be weird if the Twelve ended up in the hands of villains and it was a hero who had to stand against them with the Sword of Doom? Especially if the Sword of Doom is inherently corrupting, and chnages its weilder over time, so that to use it means giving up everything you love and treasure?

Wouldn't it be weird if the Twelve ended up in the hands of villains and it was a hero who had to stand against them with the Sword of Doom? Especially if the Sword of Doom is inherently corrupting' date=' and chnages its weilder over time, so that to use it means giving up everything you love and treasure?[/quote']

A hero has come into possession of the Sword of Doom... and the Army of Fel Intent that is drawn to the blade has begun to gather... his apprentice (a scary little Goth chick) tried to take it from him, failed, died... (but with Lord Arkoon's name on her lips....)

But the Army of Fel Intent remains behind... ready to follow him... It's pretty sad, really... vast army of evil... evil blade... dead apprentice on your hands... I'm having a blast... the player is hatin' it.

So there's the files... Both the Master Blades and one of the files I use to make magic weapons. Don't know if you have that one.

Great stuff! Just wish I could Rep you some more :)

Whenever I see your avatar, I just imagine that I got repped... it's okay... :P

BTW... Thank you for the grammar corrections to the Vrag Dossier... I'll update you when I finish the Package Deals. My players have a hint of what the... um... VD...will contain... they want 100+100 .... I think I'll have to rebalance the whole thing.

They know what to expect from my Fantasy HERO GMing... lots of personal plot (Caleon is Days of Our Lives with swords and more gunpowder) and plenty of danger.

Two of the Master Blades are in play... both in the hands of PCs... but Michael's idea has a great deal of merit... I think it's time for 2 more to appear... all buffed up (You can give XP to your magic items in Caleon, but the Independent (-2) Lim means that if you lose the weapon, the points go with it!) from years of evil use. Perhaps if Dan (the wielder of the Sword of Doom) would start xp'ing the SoD... he might turn it away from Chaos...

Nah...it stays evil.

By the way... according to the WoWQualities.hdp, the Sword of Doom started out as an (Un)Holy Great Sword of Doom, about 4d6 HKA, +5 OCV, with 3 or 4 Negative Skill Levels vs Opponents DCV. I don't have the current stats in front of me... but certainly someone XP'd that blade in all that time since the Scattering.

I'm just anal over grammar whenever someone wants me to edit stuff - personally I often have very sloppy grammar on the 'net :)

Feel free to ignore the pickier changes.

I also ungenderised some parts - as it's Dark Champions, women are as equally likely to be victims ;-p

I really need to make up the legendary items for Western Shores too..