Mutant Chronicles

fredrik_nilsson

Re: Mutant Chronicles

there's also a miniatures game being produced

Thanks for the link! :)

(Weird, I didn't know that there were a Chronopia miniature game.)

and i have all those books !!!!

Me too (or rather I used to have all of them, but I've sold some).

and i keep thinking about doing a conversion to HERO

As you might have guessed, I've had the same thought. ;)

To be honest I haven't decided between GURPS 4e or HERO yet. The outcome of this thread (in comparision to the cross post at SJ Games) will help me decide.

i don't know enough about G4e to help with your decision :(

because i can't justify buying a new version of a game that i haven't played in over a decade.

so i'm probably gonna go with HERO for this, i just have to figure out how to make it very lethal for non-combatants and lethal for no-name combatants.

i'm thinking about base stats of 6 for non-combatants and 7 to 10 for mooks (depending on their quality).

more later.

Thanks for the link! :)

(Weird, I didn't know that there were a Chronopia miniature game.)

. . . They did a who's a what now?! :nonp:

. . . Was it ever released here?

To be honest I haven't decided between GURPS 4e or HERO yet. The outcome of this thread (in comparision to the cross post at SJ Games) will help me decide.

Hero! Hero! Hero! Hero's better at the more cinematic stuff that I feel is what MC's all about. GURPS is a bit too down-to-earth . . .

Hero! Hero! Hero! Hero's better at the more cinematic stuff that I feel is what MC's all about. GURPS is a bit too down-to-earth . . .

That depends on which parts of the game you want to enlighten. You could run it as a military campaign, in the "shoulder pad hero" genre. You could also play it as Kult in the future. The later doesn't benefit as much from the more cinematic stuff.

Hey' date=' Fredrik? I've got a first edition of Mutant RYMD, how different is it from Chronicles?[/quote']

It two different games, but you can clearly see that they are related. I had serious thoughts about doing something with the games license (like MUTANT RYMD 2, or MUTANT SPACE 2 for the American readers), so I contacted Fredrik Malmberg at Paradox Entertaiment. Long story made short, Mutant Chronicles is what Taget Games intended to do with Mutant RYMD. For some reason they didn't become satisfied with the first game.

In RYMD you can see a clear relationship with the games origin (complete with different breeds of mutants). Chronicles, on the other hand, has more in common with Kult and Drakar och Demoner (humans only, d20 roll and so on).

The game share the same setting, but Chronicles seems a little less joyful (couldn't find a better word for it). In RYMD there are pictures of epic battles, while Chronicles has pictures on lone aliens stalkers. You get the idea.

There are some difference in detail, like the capability of the Venusian Rangers. In RYMD they are used as an exemple of bad special forces, while they in Chronicles are ranked among the finest soldiers in the galaxy.

Where shall we start? Shall we convert the game as it is, or shall we make it as we hoped it would be?

No matter how we do it, there are some Cultural Package Deals that might be worth doing:

AREAS

Asteroid Belt, Earth, Mars, Mercury, Outer Planets and Venus

EMPLOYMENT

Bauhaus, Capitol, Cybertronic, Freelancer, Imperial, Mishima and Unemployed

What do you think about reviving the setting' date=' but this as a Hero System setting?[/quote']

Back in the day, we played the heck out of Mutant Chronicles. I really liked the background story but the mechanics of the game were pretty goofy (especially character creation.) This is WAY high on my list of games that should be converted over to HERO.

• 2 years later...