What happened to the Champions?

xirr2000

Re: What happened to the Champions?

If you've never seen the supplement for 4E Dark Champions' date=' [i']Underworld Enemies[/i], the rewrite of Crusader there is IMHO brilliantly rich from a character-development viewpoint. It gives him a definite Daredevil/Batman cachet.

THAT is one of my all time favourite/loved rewrites of all time. While I REALLY appreciate the historical rewrite of Seeker...I still hate Seeker. Crusader at least started out cool.

In fact, I scanned that bad boy and used parts of it as a Barbara Walters-ish interview in my Campaigniverse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've never seen the supplement for 4E Dark Champions' date=' [i']Underworld Enemies[/i], the rewrite of Crusader there is IMHO brilliantly rich from a character-development viewpoint. It gives him a definite Daredevil/Batman cachet.

a vary Hard Man, i would think nighthawk owes him more than a passing nod:D

If you've never seen the supplement for 4E Dark Champions, Underworld Enemies, the rewrite of Crusader there is IMHO brilliantly rich from a character-development viewpoint. It gives him a definite Daredevil/Batman cachet.

I did ... loved Crusader in that. Alas ... he probably is in the same pocket universe with CLOWN and the rest of the 3rd/4th throwbacks :(

I don't know if anyone else did this, but I essentially grafted the superior physical stats of the version of Crusader from the 4E Champions book onto the Skill set and gadgetry of the version in Underworld Enemies. I kept the UE background almost entirely, but substituted VIPER for Raven as with the four-color incarnation of Crusader.

I ended up with a character who could pretty solidly fulfill the Batman role of investigator, tactician and jack-of-all-trades with a team of four-color heroes, and hold his own in combat alongside them.

I actually upped his gadgets in one build ... gave him something like DD's bio-mimetic armor, kept the shield and club, and gave him a small gadget pool to emulate a utility belt. Ended up making him closer to a Batman-type character with a Nightwing/Spider-Man personality