Mimicking the Juggernaut's helmet

bryanb

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how to handle removing the Juggernaut's (from the MARVEL universe) helmet to expose his weakness to mental attacks - is it just simply an OIF or something more?

The X-men characters seem to have a hell of a time removing the bolts that hold it - If it is done as an Inaccessible focus it would take a turn to remove but is the effect cumulative (does characters chipping away at a OIF equate to a "turn")?

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to stop a Juggernaut-esque character (I am doing a blatant rip off for my campaign)?

Thanks

Daz

I would say the simplest way to do that helmet would be as an OIF. The way to remove it takes a turn (and you can almost see that turn passing as the X-men flip the catches), although every little bit has to be accomplished in order for the helmet to come off.

Imagine their perspective: here you have an invulnerable guy, who's only weakness is mental powers and the GM gives him a helmet that blocks mental powers -- and it's an OIF!

Obviously, there had to be an in-combat way around that.

Originally posted by Rage

how about hte oif is breakable and you just have to damage it enough or somthing?

anywho how are you doing the invulnerability? desolid to psychics?

I hadn't even though of this - anyone have any ideas?

For the Invulnerability to Psychics, I would recommed 75% resistant damage reduction to Mental Powers AND 50 points of Hardened Mental Defense...that should keep even Menton out of this guy's head. Just remember that Vulnerabilities are applied before defenses (ex: 20d6 Mind Control rolls 70 pts effect...x2 Vuln = 140 pts effect - 50MD = 90 pts effect / 4 = 23 pts effect gets through, then subtract EGO should be little enough to shrug off)

For the helmet removal...not everything has to be expressed in game terms. If you say that the helmet has a number of clasps that must be unhooked with successful attack/DEX Rolls...or a number of bolts that must be destroyed by attacks that cause X BODY damage that's not something that HAS to be expressed in game terms. The Focus limitation should be enough. The storytelling is the most important thing here, not the math or the game mechanics.