[Campaign] 'This Mutant Life' - An Uberworld Campaign

tribe

Re: Current Submissions

Three metamorphs? Whoa.

One and a half female students is OK. Most Silver Age teams only had one female member when they started.

Yeah, but I'm going with a classic New Mutants feel, so 40% female would be good. I mean, at least 40%. :thumbup:

Or I could do a bit of nip and tuck to the character I am working on, although I've been sidetracked into trying to design a teacher.

Teachers are great. I'm planning on running the two sections with their own stories for the most part so I'm hoping to have some real fun with the adults. :eg:

(Three metamorphs? Well, scratch my metamorph idea!)

I know, but the good thing about metamorphs is that they are so diverse.

There's a shapeshifter, a bouncing guy and a stretcher.

Reminds me of the Legion of Super-Heroes.... ah, good memories!

Re: [Campaign] 'This Mutant Life' - An Uberworld Campaign

Four days to go before the Calls For Submissions are closed. That'll be March 1st.

Get your characters in. At the moment I still need at least two more teachers.

I'll have a further updated character list in the next couple of days, but there is plenty of opportunity for new players to join in the first Uberworld campaign.

Use this thread for any comments or questions.

Cheers

Ben

Get your characters in. At the moment I still need at least two more teachers.

I've decided, after much vacillation, to just submit a teacher. I couldn't think of a student that I really wanted to play.

I had a similar problem with teachers, too, until it occurred to me that there actually was a character I know I would enjoy playing, because... I've played him before!

Of course I'm giving him a rebuild, to make him fit the campaign requirements, but the basics of his personality are well established and very easy for me to play.

So... just for kicks... guess what his name is?

So... just for kicks... guess what his name is?

You're not saying we get an Uberworld version of Assault, are you?

That'd be great. An actual Australian hero to teach these kids.

Send him in!

:thumbup:

You're not saying we get an Uberworld version of Assault, are you?

That'd be great. An actual Australian hero to teach these kids.

Send him in!

:thumbup:

Cool.

As long as you realise exactly how much of a role model and upstanding citizen Assault actually is. ;)

Quote: "No, smoking is bad for YOU. I'm fine."

Call For Submissions - Update

Three days to go until all enrolments need to be finalised for the Angelus Academy.

This Mutant Life will be kicking off next month but needs to recruit enough characters. We're well on the way with eight submissions but I know there are more out there. The game is looking for five students and five teachers, but that's flexible. At the moment I have received six student submissions and two teacher submissions.

Potential Students:

Arielle - French telekinetic

Bouncer - American ... bouncing kid :o)

Dinsoaur - reptile with the ubergene

"Ghost" - not his real name... still deciding that. A kid who can turn invisible and intangible.

Giraffe - Azambian stretcher (Azambia is a fictitious African country)

Jake - American Troll (Is he American Kevin? I should check that.)

Potential Teachers:

Assault: hard nosed, hard drinking, hard smoking Australian Brick (with a heart of gold, right?)

Doctor Puzzle: less hard and more kooky, Gadgeteer

Email me at dawnstars@optusnet.com.au or uberworld@optusnet.com.au with any questions.

Deadlines have to close on March 1st (which is closer than you think, given that February doesn't go all the way to 30, remember?)

Ben Langdon

Re: Call For Submissions - Update

Potential Teachers:

Assault: hard nosed, hard drinking, hard smoking Australian Brick (with a heart of gold, right?)

Doctor Puzzle: less hard and more kooky, Gadgeteer

Deadlines have to close on March 1st (which is closer than you think, given that February doesn't go all the way to 30, remember?)

Assault has his kooky side too, of course. He's certainly no Iron Age Ultra-Serious Guy. As for heart of gold... yeah, whatever... ;)

I'm starting to experience one of the side-effects of having to meet a deadline: irrelevant creativity. In other words, a semi-humourous Legion of Superheroes homage has started erupting in my head, saying "Write us down! Write us down!". I hate it when this happens, and it happens every time.

Still, if I get Assault (almost) finished this afternoon, I may be able to start working on them tonight.

Wonder Boy and Phan Servis versus Roxxor the Space Pirate and Killer Robot 1337. Yeah.

I needed to write that down to stop my head from exploding. Now, back to Assault...

Oh - I submitted Jake in "paragraph" form. Would you like me to submit him in numbers, as well? I've got him written up (to within a point or two) in Hero Designer, but it looks kinda messy. I'm better at explaining what it is the power is supposed to do, in narrative form.

Sorry for being a little quiet. Been a bit busy.

I've got Vanguard's two submissions as well as Kevin's character concept (which will be fine).

At the moment I'm going through the submissions and I think I'll be able to accept all who applied... although a couple may need some tweaking.

I'll get back to everyone over the weekend.

Thanks for the interest and stay tuned. :)