full phase casting

steph

lets see my mage got a speed of 2 (6, 12) in phase 6 i want to cast a full phase action healing spell with a focus gesture and incantation ........a full phase mean i cant do anything else except my spell .in that way ....cast my spell it take only one second or when my spell gonna be effective exacly

hope i am clear

english note my first language

stef

Re: full phase casting

I thought we answered this already?

Your spell takes your full phase and is effective exactly at the end of your phase. After anyone else who has a higher DEX, but before anyone who has a lower DEX.

Player A has DEX 18 and SPD 2

Player B has DEX 15 and SPD 2

Player C has DEX 13 and SPD 2

On phase 6, when they all act - anything done by Player B will occur AFTER Player A and BEFORE Player C.

Not exactly answered I think.

If you have an ability that is listed as Full Phase, it takes the entirety of your action on the segment that you act on.

So for a speed 2 character. You act on Segment 6 and 12. You cast your spell at your Dex on Segment 6. The power is applied during the your action during Segment 6.

Now the one confusing thing is that if you had Concentration 1/2 DCV that penalty would apply till your next action on Segment 12.

You COULD also perform any number of 0 Phase actions before you cast your Full phase spell. So if you had a bunch of defensive spells that took 0 phase to change, or if you needed to change your multipower you could do it before you cast your healing spell (BTW the Healing spell acts like an attack action and therefore ends your phase so you couldn't do any actions after you cast it).

Hope this helps answer all of your questions :D

Tasha :)

Actually w/ Full Phase it takes effect at your DEX / Initiative, and ends your Phase.

If it doesnt resolve until later in the Phase you can take Delayed Phase for an extra -1/4. The attack then resolves at half the character's DEX / Initiative.

You can say that the action resolves at the end of the segment instead, but going later in the segment than your DEX / Initiative can't be worth more than an extra -1/4 total or else its worth more as a lim than Extra Phase, which is only a -3/4 and which is far worse.