Defensive Luck - Just a Power Gamer's Tool??

Jayde Tiger

Re: Defensive Luck - Just a Power Gamer's Tool??

The value of a limitation also varies by campaign' date=' something we often need to overlook if we want a system at all. :)[/quote']

Very true.

As a side note, if I see a character with "Does Not Prevent Penetration" on his sheet, I consider that a suggestion from the player that the character be subjected to some form of skin piercing attack every so often during the campaign.

A good point, and well worth bringing up. I completely agree.

As a side note' date=' if I see a character with "Does Not Prevent Penetration" on his sheet, I consider that a suggestion from the player that the character be subjected to some form of skin piercing attack every so often during the campaign.[/quote']

On the one hand, I agree. If you buy it (limit it, take it as a disad, whatever) you are saying "Showcase this in game please!"

OTOH, I can also assume anyone who buys extra BOD expects to be injured, possibly near-death, during the game and will be disappointed if that last BOD he purchased doesn't prevent his demise at least once.

[The shocked looks on the other players' faces when a villain ripped out my character's heart in combat was, in and of itself, more than worth the cost of his self-resurrection power.]

On the one hand, I agree. If you buy it (limit it, take it as a disad, whatever) you are saying "Showcase this in game please!"

OTOH, I can also assume anyone who buys extra BOD expects to be injured, possibly near-death, during the game and will be disappointed if that last BOD he purchased doesn't prevent his demise at least once.

I know you're partially joking, but kind of yes. :)

If I see a character built with (for example) a 40 BODY, I'll probably try to find some way to showcase that in the game every so often. Maybe he'll be the only character who can safely tackle the All or Nothing Transformation Attacker, or he'll survive a blast that the bad guy intended to be fatal. I'd do the same if he came in with a 70 STR or a 30 DEX. If I don't, then he wasted his points.