Sweep and end of Move-Through?

Re: Sweep and end of Move-Through?

I'm pretty sure it's not legal. But you can "sweep" a Move By, but you need enough movement to run around the target for each additional hit.

My suggestion is to by a HA and/or HKA, Only Usable With Move Through and call the SFX of the extra damamge "attacks with both hands"

I'm pretty sure it's not legal. But you can "sweep" a Move By, but you need enough movement to run around the target for each additional hit.

My suggestion is to by a HA and/or HKA, Only Usable With Move Through and call the SFX of the extra damamge "attacks with both hands"

Hmm ... or a triggered 'follow-up' attack, as it were ...

Right. Not normally legal. Sweep is its own maneuver. It is an action that requires either a Full Phase, or a Half (Attack) Phase if the character has the Rapid HTH Attack skill. If you are performing a Move Through, that itself is an Attack Action and precludes any other Attack Actions. If you mean at the end of a Full Move, again the answer is no because you must dedicate at least the second Half Phase to the Sweep itself. If you have Rapid HTH Attack you could make a Half Move and then perform a Sweep, though.

actually the rules FAQ says:

http://www.herogames.com/SupportFAQs/revisedrules/COMBAT%20AND%20ADVENTURING.htm

Q: Can characters perform “Multiple Move Throughs,” adapting the rules for Multiple Move Bys so they can hit multiple targets?

A: No, but there are rules for Sweeping a Move Through on 5ER 397.

Don't have the book handy or I'd go look up what it has to say.

A: No, but there are rules for Sweeping a Move Through on 5ER 397.

Don't have the book handy or I'd go look up what it has to say.

Meh. Yeah. Same here. "Sweeping a Move Through," doesn't seem to make much sense to me. A Move Through is using your momentum to smash into a target (that's how it's different from Move By). Once you do that, your momentum is used up. The end.

I did think of one thing that might count as a multiple Move Through, though it's not what was asked for in this thread.

If a character successfully moves through (litterally) an inanimate object using the Move Through maneuver, I allow them to continue moving up to their full move and continue to Move Through other obsticals until they don't roll enough BODY, fall unconscious/become stunned. I'll occasionally allow this with one of the "obsticals" being a character, but never to move through multiple characters.

Meh. Yeah. Same here. "Sweeping a Move Through' date='" doesn't seem to make much sense to me. A Move Through is using your momentum to smash into a target (that's how it's different from Move By). Once you do that, your momentum is used up. The end.[/quote']

I can see allowing one extra shot, based on striking with both hands (which is what I'm after, so hey, I'm cool). Anybody know what page number that is in non-revised FRED?

I can see allowing one extra shot' date=' based on striking with both hands (which is what I'm after, so hey, I'm cool). Anybody know what page number that is in non-revised FRED?[/quote']

from http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26915

(link to this is in my sig)

5ER => 5th

p. 397 => p. 262-263

Huh. The only phrase that seems to allude to it is where it is talking about being able to Sweep maneuvers other than Strike:

...and can only Sweep maneuvers that use a Full Move (such as Move Through) if all targets are in adjacent hexes. (A character cannot do a Sweep Move By....

I guess maybe I can picture a character plowing into a group of targets...though a full 2m apart is still pretty disperse.... :think:

As for using both hands, I don't know if I'd really give a bonus for this if I were GMing. I kinda already assume you have to hit the target with everything you've got. If you're hitting with two fists or something, it means you're still putting all the same energy into it, but dispersing the impact over the area of two fists rather than one fist, a shoulder, or whatever. To me it's just dramatic effect at that point. At the most I might give a +1 OCV or something, but I'd hesitate to do that every time.