Fantasy GM's - question...

Kzinbane

Re: Fantasy GM's - question...

Since we've mentioned dragons and shape-changers in the same topic, a suggestion on handling the "non-mundane" creatures. If we continue with the "need to ingest flesh/blood of the creature" to set a form for a shape-change spell... it would be something akin to a divine favor if a great beast allowed that mage a portion of itself to use in ways that would not upset it. I'd at least allow that, in the general sense, as a dragon would consider it a boon to allow a lesser mortal to take on aspects of itself when needed. There could also be one-use only components specially prepared if further constraints were needed...

Sheesh people, do you not READ anything? I don't mean to be rude, but I already stated I'm limiting things on purpose. I thought it was clear I was kidding about the Dragon thing after stating a few times I'm not going to push on this spell and am limiting to mundain (mundane?) sorts of critters.

My GM has expressed concern about this spell so I'm goign to follow his wishes. I too am a GM and have decided to limit it some - perhaps to a few critters and then maybe only once a day or something else.

I guess in this medium it's not clear when somone's kidding but just for the record - again - I'm not intending to screw up the entire game. I simply am looking for a spell or two that will allow the character to get in and mix it up as a fighter type instead of forver casting spells from afar.

The monster idea is one of them that would let my wizard do that - and if I DO choose that spell I'm not going to pick a zillion point super beast that is impossible to beat.

Well, I was pointing out how it can be used as a kind of "reward". I am aware of the fact that you've made your descion; all I was doing is showing others an alternative thought.

Don't take it personal, please. We're just discussing the issue further.

No Problem Lethosos - it wasn't directed your way. Why I should care anyway I don't know, but you've got a pretty good community here so I guess I do!

Got thinking about this spell in general - it does look like an awfully "dangerous" one - and I don't mean for the enemy. If you have a group of 150 pt characters and one (or more) can "pop" into 300 pt characters (critters, monsters, animals, whatever) you've got a problem! Some of the spells are pretty powerful, but I can't think of one that lets a fairly low level character potentially kick butt like the "poof I'm a monster" ones.

I think were I GM I'd have to find some way to monkey with these spells. Maybe a 25% chance that one or more of your opponents change instead of you would provide a good diversion, LOL.

I expect that "my" TA has Dragons, though I hope not to run into an unpleasant one any time soon. Changing into one is a different matter - maybe if my character ever gets enough points to be at about a dragon's level I'll suggest that he should be allowed to "morph" into one.

We shall see.:cool:

But give the GM an option to quest for the "right" for it. That makes things interesting, IMO.

As for limiting the spell... well, there's several ways--limited charges per day, strict CP caps on forms chosen... those two come to mind as a hard and fast way to not overpower the characters.