Help with spell construction

Re: Help with spell construction

By gosh I think I've got it.

A Supress PRE with linked negative CSL's should do the trick nicely. It'll keep full effect till the spell wears off and then *poof* it's gone. Read the Negative Presence notes under characteristics..it fits Demoralize to a T.

The PRE suppress was my first thought - the negative skill levels probably round it off.

Thanks

Doc

The PRE suppress was my first thought - the negative skill levels probably round it off.

Thanks

Doc

LOL... thats what I get for not going back and rereading the thread.

Yep...your first instinct was probably right.

Are you actually trying to do a conversion of the RQ magic system?

LOL... thats what I get for not going back and rereading the thread.

Yep...your first instinct was probably right.

Are you actually trying to do a conversion of the RQ magic system?

I'm actually trying to come up with Glorantha Hero (which obviously requires some conversion of the magic system) which would be a game powered by Hero but hopefully feel entirely Gloranthan.

I am probably half way through desiging exactly what I want the system to do and how I want the characters to look on a character sheet. I'm about a third of the way through putting the Hero mechanics together so that anyone Hero-literate could look behind the green curtain and see all the moving bits that they could tinker with if they wanted.

Shem Whistler is putting it all together on a website that I'll make available when it is sorted.

Doc

Instead of a PRE Suppress (which would have a hoard of additional effects that don't match the spell's description), a Change Enviornment that forces an EGO Roll to act "towards one's goal" and some Linked Negative Skill Levels should do the trick.

Instead of a PRE Suppress (which would have a hoard of additional effects that don't match the spell's description)' date=' a Change Enviornment that forces an EGO Roll to act "towards one's goal" and some Linked Negative Skill Levels should do the trick.[/quote']

I'm open to the Change Environemnt option. I'm curious though - what additional effects are you referring to?

Doc

I'm open to the Change Environemnt option. I'm curious though - what additional effects are you referring to?

Doc

If their PRE was reduced, they would be more easily influenced by third party PRE Attacks, including ones that may remoralize them. This is reduced if all those affected have high EGOs though. Each one should also have the option to continue to make unhindered PRE Attacks that reinforce their demoralized state (shouting "this is impossible, let's get out of here while we still can!" comes to mind). Something like this should logically be easy, or at least unhindered, perhaps even easier, but with a reduced PRE it could prove more difficult.