Deduction 8-

Native Language (idiomatic; Literate)

PS: Choice (Everyman Skill) 11-

Paramedics 8-

Persuasion 8-

Shadowing 8-

Stealth 8-

TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Those Skills of course cost 0 points each.

There is a trick to how I do these, though.

Assume the character needs Deduction as a full skill, not just a Familiarity. Even though they already have it at 8-, according to the rules, you spend 3 points to buy it at their INT roll.

My house rule for doing this is as follows:

Every one of the zero-cost Familiarities listed above as Everyman Skills are, in essence, free 1-point Familiarities. Even though the character has not paid for it, they have in essence already spent 1 point on that skill. To upgrade any of the Everyman Skills from Familiarities to full skills, pay the difference in cost.

In other words, to convert Deduction 8- (Familiarity) to the full skill, pay 3 (cost for full skill) -1 (point value of free Familiarity) = 2 points.

Any skills that do not begin as free Familiarities are of course bought as normal.

Increasing the skill roll of any skill (whether it started as an Everyman Skill free Familiarity or not) is done as normal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ravenswood Academy Yearbook

Neat job, you'll be repped as soon as I can.

Interestingly enough, I (or rather my 1-person publishing company) have recently put together a yearbook for an alternative education high school. Actually, the students put it together (shudder) I just fixed some of the glaring problems (like replacing right hand only page numbers with right and left side headers and footers, making them redo some of the ads and fixing mis-spelt words cuz i m so gud at speling miself) and will be printing, binding etc. the whole thing this weekend.

As one of the players in this game, I just wanted to say what a great job Dr. Anomaly has done preparing this yearbook and running the game.

Tim aka "Potential" is my character.

I can not wait for the next session.

Paladine

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, all.

Just thought I'd throw out there that there has been a change that has not been represented on the website yet.

*hope Dr. A wasn't wanting this to be a secret?*

Trisha - aka Night Breed's girlfriend has managed to get herself transfered to the non-traditional side.

*grin*

This should prove to be interesting.

Oh.. I play Tranquility and on occasion serve as a sounding board for the NPC Trisha.

Trisha - aka Night Breed's girlfriend has managed to get herself transfered to the non-traditional side.

Okay, I'll bite. HOw'd she do this?

EDit: Just searched for her on the sight. I'm not sure if whather background and character sheet shows alone is worth being non-traditional. Her Family on the other hand...

No, it's not a secret or a surprise or anything; I simply haven't had the time to do it yet.

How'd she manage it? Well, by a group of students pitching the idea to Rowan and Rowan really stretching a few definitions to make it possible. What it boils down to is that Trisha can view Joshua's monstrous form without going insane; so far, she seems to be the only person who can do that. The notion was put forward that this could be counted as a metanormal power, and because of certain other factors and situations at work, Rowan agreed to stretch a point to allow it.

Trisha's codename is Aegis, the name of the shield used by Perseus when he slew Medusa, and her severed head was later fused into the shield and anyone who saw her image on the shield would be turned to stone. (The rational behind the name is that Persus watched Medusa's reflection in the shield to avoid the adverse effects of viewing her, and since Trisha can view Joshua without suffering any adverse effects, 'Aegis' seemed like a good choice for a codename.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just another little development, guys, that may interest you.

I decided to pick up the Ravenswood.ws domain name. Eventually I'm going to move the Yearbook over to that domain (so it's actually hosted on the Ravenswood domain) and start keeping my other Ravenswood/Teen Champions stuff over there. This will be as time permits, in between dealing with my current computer issues and so on and so forth.

I'm also setting up email accounts for my players under their character's codenames. (There's been a bit of in-character email and IM communication of late, so I thought it would be nice to have the email coming from and going to accounts with the character names instead of our 'regular' email accounts.)

Then it struck me...other people might like a Ravenswood email account as well, so I thought I'd offer. I can set it up as a re-direction account (bouncing any emails sent to it to another account of your choice) or it can be a POP3 / web-based account that you can access using either a POP3 client (like Outlook Express or Thunderbird) or you can log in using my ISP's web-based system using your browser. (That does tend to be a bit slow, though.)

So...if anyone's interested in having a Ravenswood email address for themselves or their characters, just drop me a line and let me know, and let me know what kind (redirect or POP3) you want. Since they don't take long to set up I can probably get around to doing them once a day or so in between the other computer system stuff I'm working on. :)

• 1 month later...

She is cute but without the chest shot she is quite ordinary.

I am more partial to this pic.Afterburner

Well, that's your opinion, of course. I personally prefer brunettes then red heads then blondes. To me, blondes are a dime a dozen and if they have dark eyes, it's even less attractive. "Afterburner" has a nice face, but nothing I'd brag about.

For "Lyndsay," well she's a red head with long hair, she looks good in jeans and she actually looks more real (doesn't look air-brushed) than other pictures. Traits often ignored that "Lyndsay" has are the neck, her eyebrows are the same shade as her hair, and that she's not a bean pole. And while her chest is a nice "how do you do?", the fact that she doesn't wear a "look at me cleavage" shirt or "my pants are so low you can see my butt-crack and pubic hair" is a big plus. "Lyndsay" looks more approachable than "Afterburner," in my opinion. YMMV.

To keep on topic (sorry 'bout that, guys) you're doing a great job Dr. A.

Sorry' date=' Twilight; my depression's had a firm grip on me again for the last month plus, and I haven't gotten anything related to that done. :([/quote']

Oh sorry to hear that Doc. I hope you can work through that. Good luck.