Quantum Singularity

Blue

Originally posted by Blue

I've tried no less than five different models for this power now. The ones that best simulate the effect turn out to be the most cost prohibitive. Therefore I'm going to have to live with the imperfect ones, unless I decide this character I'm making is some kind of cosmic villain. Hmmm....

That's too bad Hero has such a problem with this sort of thing. On the limited scale described it seams the power shouldn't be all that costly. At least from a play ballance sort of thing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blue

I've tried no less than five different models for this power now. The ones that best simulate the effect turn out to be the most cost prohibitive. Therefore I'm going to have to live with the imperfect ones, unless I decide this character I'm making is some kind of cosmic villain. Hmmm....

Here is a power idea I stated earlier. I fleshed it out a bit. Still fairly high active points but real cost is quite low.

40 STR TK, 60 base pts

AOE Explosion, +1/2, 90Active

Only to pull objects to center –1,

Instant, -1/2

Objects above ½ full TK strength are not affected –1/2

Objects below ½ full TK strength are affected as if they had a weight equal to ½ full TK strength lifting power –1/2.

When TK strength drops to ½ full TK strength power has no affect –0.

Real Cost 26

Anything above 400 kg is not affected by this power. Any objects affected (400kg and below) are all pulled at the same rate regardless of their mass. The maximum effective radius is 6â€.

An effect table would be similar to the following

Radius / Movement Imparted

1†/ 8"

2†/ 6"

3†/ 5"

4†/ 4"

5†/ 2"

6†/ 1"

7â€+ / 0"

This is rather expensive, but "accurate".

16" flight usable as attack (+1) at range (+1/2) 0 end (+1/2) 40 levels of increased mass multiples (+10) (can pull up to the mass of another singularity of the same size) explosion that decays exponentially (+1/2) 432 active points

Instant (-1/2) Only to "pull" inward (-1) not within 1" of any object (-1/4) No noncombat multiple (-1/4) Real cost 144.

This pulls objects at 16" velocity at 1" distance, 4" velocity at 2" distance, and 1" velocity at 4" distance.

Originally posted by Gary

This is rather expensive, but "accurate".

16" flight usable as attack (+1) at range (+1/2) 0 end (+1/2) 40 levels of increased mass multiples (+10) (can pull up to the mass of another singularity of the same size) explosion that decays exponentially (+1/2) 432 active points

Instant (-1/2) Only to "pull" inward (-1) not within 1" of any object (-1/4) No noncombat multiple (-1/4) Real cost 144.

This pulls objects at 16" velocity at 1" distance, 4" velocity at 2" distance, and 1" velocity at 4" distance.

Wow. Very expensive for the size of it. Of Course, your construct can pull literally anything.

Originally posted by Gary

Would it really pull at 16" at 1" distance, if the power specifies "not within 1" of any object"?

Cheers!

Ben the nitpicker

Originally posted by BenKimball

Would it really pull at 16" at 1" distance, if the power specifies "not within 1" of any object"?

Cheers!

Ben the nitpicker

Not within 1" means that exactly 1" away is the closest that the power can manifest.

Gary who picks on nitpickers :P