Hunting Disadvantage

ultrium

I am making my first character in a very long time. I guess since the 3rd edition rules. My character is the hunter not the hunted. I could have sworn that hunting was a disadvantage. I look in the 5th edition book and I could not find it. Then I looked in the 4th edition book and it was not there also. I swear I read it somewhere. Was it somewhere in a supplement? Or did I just dream it? By the way, how would you do hunting as a disadvantage?

Re: Hunting Disadvantage

I think Champions III (pre-Fourth Edition HERO) introduced the "Hunter" Disadvantage. IIRC the Fourth Edition rulebook recommended handling it as a Psychological Limitation rather than its own distinct Disad.

From the magnificent online Master List of Limitations, you can scroll down to a link to an example of the Psych Lim approach: "Hunts (Person or Group)".

I think Champions III (pre-Fourth Edition HERO) introduced the "Hunter" Disadvantage. IIRC the Fourth Edition rulebook recommended handling it as a Psychological Limitation rather than its own distinct Disad.

From the magnificent online Master List of Limitations, you can scroll down to a link to an example of the Psych Lim approach: "Hunts (Person or Group)".

Thanks for the info

It could also be a Social Limitation if, instead of wanting to hunt the target(s), the character is required to by his job, position, blackmail, or whatever.

I love the new Social Limitation Disadvantage. :thumbup:

Thanks for the input. The situation of my character is that he is an alien cop stuck on Earth of a superhero campaign. He has a few escape criminals that he has to track down to capture/kill. They obvious do not want to be capture so they avoid him so this makes my character is the hunter. Since he stuck on Earth, he will not spend every moment that he is awake hunting the criminals. If a clue comes up on the whereabouts of a criminal he will pursue it. What kind of disadvantage is that and how many points is that?

For us, we generally consider "Hunting" a general limit worth the same amount as if you were the Hunted, and presume that you are spending as much time trying to find the Hunted as the Hunted is normally spending trying to not be found or figure out a way to deal with you when you inevitably show up.