Adjustment powers caps

Kabluey

One of my least favorite things about Hero is the caps on adjustment powers. It's just too much recordkeeping for my tastes. I understand why they're there. Adjustment powers would be way too unbalancing otherwise. But I'm still not happy with them.

So I'm curious if others have come up with any house rule to handle them differently. I've been giving it a fair amount of thought, but haven't come up with anything I've liked so far. But I figured some of you clever people must have come up with something.

Re: Adjustment powers caps

Since the idea is to reduce bookeeping, I suggest instant wearoff. That is, instead of wearing off at 5 points per turn, the points wear off at the end of the next Turn. This way, the only things you need to record are what Turn, what target, and how many points.

Since the idea is to reduce bookeeping' date=' I suggest instant wearoff. That is, instead of wearing off at 5 points per turn, the points wear off at the end of the next Turn. This way, the only things you need to record are what Turn, what target, and how many points.[/quote']

And with this method, you still have an effective max: however much you can boost in one Turn.

One possibility is to make more beneficial Adjustment Powers non-cumulative just like Healing (actually Aid being non-cumulative makes a lot more sense to me than Healing being non-cumulative). Their price should arguably be affected, though (e.g. maybe bring Aid back to the 5 points/d6 value it was in 4E). That makes the Maximum Effect rule entirely non-applicable.

And with this method' date=' you still have an effective max: however much you can boost in one Turn.[/quote']

Actually, the effective max would be however much you can boost in two Turns. As I wrote it, the wearoff takes place at the end of the next turn, not the end of the same turn.

Actually' date=' the effective max would be however much you can boost in [b']two[/b] Turns. As I wrote it, the wearoff takes place at the end of the next turn, not the end of the same turn.

But only if you also dropped the power caps, which I was not suggesting. This was intended as an alternative way of reducing bookkeeping.