Need help with a Villainous Summoner

ChibiTemplar

I'm creating a Final Fantasy type summoner for a game I'm running as a villain.

I am however, pulling a blank on what to call said summoner, and I need some help with incantations for summons.

My interim name for this character is Channeler, but I'm looking for a slightly more villainous name for him/her. I've attached a Hero Designer file of the character.

Any thoughts on the villain itself are appreciated.

Re: Need help with a Villainous Summoner

I'm creating a Final Fantasy type summoner for a game I'm running as a villain.

I am however, pulling a blank on what to call said summoner, and I need some help with incantations for summons.

My interim name for this character is Channeler, but I'm looking for a slightly more villainous name for him/her. I've attached a Hero Designer file of the character.

Any thoughts on the villain itself are appreciated.

What style game is this? Is this set in a Final Fantasy style world? If so, then I would just choose a fairly regular person-name. If it is for more of a standard Superhero world, then I would definately change the names of the powers. It is all well and good to base the character type off of FF Summoning, but it ought to have themes based on the world in which it takes place.

What is the background behind the character's powers? Does he have a pact with various spirts? Or actual entities he commands to show up just long enough to perform a single deed? Does he require 'gems', 'cards', or anything of the sort? Do they reside inside the horn, or do they just come when called and then depart a moment later?

Naming suggestions: Dr. Spirit, Spiritmaster, The Summoner, The High Summoner, Master of Names, Master Blaster (heh), The Invoker, The Trumpeteer, The Petitioner, The Adjuror.

"Summoner" is the common class-name for this sort of character. If I were doing this for a villan, I'd derive sources from a darker power; basically bind certain demons to do his bidding--being particularlly clever, he's found ways to pernamently channel them at his whim. That would make him a Demonologist--particularlly apt name for a summoner-type.

To do this, I'd just alter the names, such as Ifrit to Aghini, a common name of a demon of fire. Feel free to ransack Castlevania for such names, the one I used is from Dawn of Sorrow.

I'd consider having your summoner forcibly bind "good" creatures, enslaving them to follow his bidding.

To make him even more heinous, have him warp good creatures into evil ones, or have him forcibly suppress their will in some fashion.

As for name? How does something simple, like "Overlord", sound?

Thank you for a suggestion on the names, and as for background, I wasn't in a particularly good frame of mind for posting when I put this up before I went to bed. The idea for the background is that he is a villain for a mystical champions game revolving around DEMON. His origin is that he discovered an ancient grimoire on the art of summoning creatures from an otherworldly realm, and then started binding spirits to his summoner's horn. He has made a couple of highly destructive acts, which is why he is hunted by UNTIL, and he is watched by DEMON because he appears to slowly taking over one of the Demonhames in Vibora Bay.

As far as the Focus goes, for his attack spells, he uses the horn as a tool to rip open a temporary rift in space to enable his chosen summon to come out and do it's thing. For the others, he's bound their spirits directly into the horn, and brings out a manifestation of their power for his abilities.

But as far as Lethosos' suggestion goes, it's a good one, and one that's apt for an evil summoner, as well as giving him more of a reason to want to try to exploit DEMON (and more of a reason for DEMON to be especially wary of him).