Help from the Gun Bunnies: M-82

ghost-angel

I'm hoping those familiar with guns more than I (which is most of you).

Not near my books, so don't know if the M-82 Sniper Rifle is in there, but anyone have a writeup for one?

Also, more importantly, anyone have a good picture (I found lots of mediocre and bad pictures on the net) of one, prefereably on a white or other neutral background?

And finally, I don't suppose anyone has a 3D-Model of one that's useable in Poser, Bryce or other similar programs, preferably an OBJ file.

Re: Help from the Gun Bunnies: M-82

Barrett Model M82A1: (Total: 79 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) .50 Cal. Ammo: RKA 3d6, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (56 Active Points); STR Minimum 15 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1 1/4), OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), 11 Charges (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus Inheriently Accurate: +1 OCV with Rifle (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus Long Barrel & Bipod: Penalty Skill Levels: +4 vs. Range Modifier with Rifle (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5) plus Recoil Compensator Type 2: Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. Recoil Penalties (6 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), Side Effects (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2)

Active Cost = 79 Points

Real Cost = 22 Points

Weight 12.9 kg (empty)

This is a "by the book" write-up. In my own campaign the gun has a +3 STUN Mod and 4 Points of Resistant Piercing. Also note that the write-up above does not include a telescopic sight which ought to give you another couple of range levels.

EDIT: Just did a little fixing to the formatting to make it look better.

Here is a link to a page with several pictures of one. The weapon is' date=' I believe, written-up in the Dark Champions book, I'll look it up and post again in a few.[/quote']

mental note: move Dark Champions closer to the top of "The List"

thnx for the link, the third image down is nearly perfect - except they cut off the top of the barrel, do'h!

Either way - thnx for the link and writeup (and alteration of it) in the following post.

The 3D Renders, were unforetunately not in a format I use, and bloody expensive. But I appreciate the links. The image is for one of my characters, who doesn't actually weild an M82, but that's the weapon that gets the idea across the best ... because they don't make Sniper Rifle Shaped LAWs that I know of.

Images for the curious, and because I feel like showing others. Casual Dress and Business Dress .... well, sort of.

(warning, images are a bit big as i made this set as backgrounds for my desktop wich is high res and widescreen.)

So would this character's gun be anything like the Masiya Corporation SB-1000' date=' from the anime [i']Sol Bianca[/i]? You can find the stats for it, and a lot of other interesting weapons on this page of Susano's website.

Close.. doesn't have that range (yet!).

It's a 6D6 RKA with a Multipower that adjusts ammo/modes.

Originally it was stolen off an Demon (high tech demons - scary stuff) and was a 9D6RKA (eep!). At one point I approached the GM and talked him into lowering the lethality of the campaign (making this 6D the biggest attack on either side of the fence). Yes the original was 6 feet long, the character in question has since learned to manifest the weapon with her mind (it's a very long convoluted story...) into something she could handle without compromising destructive capability. She can rachet down the damage and focus it more (Armor Piercing or Penetrating at 3D6) or just open up (Autofire and Explosive up to 6D6).

• 4 weeks later...

A good policy. An arms race had started in the campaign which I put a hault on, pulled it back and have been keeping it in check since.

Not easy when half the answers the PCs (and GM) have is "didn't work? Get a bigger hammer."