I am hot!

Siren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: I am hot!

Exactly!

But some of the powers will will be active like her voice. Though I am not sure I am going to make it area effect or not. Though her looks are passive.

This is such a fun character to build, I just know it will be even better to play. It might even be fun to make it into a halloween costume & then wear it to the next comic convention. You get in free if you are in costume ;-)

which con lets you free in costume, and how much money are they losing?

I have a friend in Pittsburgh so I combine that con (Pittsburgh Comicon) with a visit. It started when my now ex-bf drug me there. The guy that runs the costume contest makes costumes for TV and Hollywood and he asked me to wear his Phoenix costume. He even had a wig (I am blonde). After that I was hooked. Super heroines have the hottest costumes. LOL

So if I go though the trouble of making costumes I want to wear it for a few cons besides Halloween. It is also a great way to meet people. It is a great place to talk to the movie stars that they bring in too. Very fun!

BTW the Comicon cost $18.00 to enter. And free costume entry is only on Sunday

*Ponders on what the costume would look like...* :fear:

Does it really matter?

If you make it hot enough I can say a am "super anything chick" and guys love it. It's just how it works. LOL

Don't you read comics? Just kidding. :P

Funny you should say that. I have never gone to an anime con. but have been really temped to try one. I heard they really dress up.

I could REALLY pull off a Rikku.

Cosplay is a massive part of the anime cons. the Cosplay event is also usually he biggest draw of the convention for the weekend. There's a bunch of Cons around you.. Anime Boston; Otakon (Baltimore, MD in August), Anime Mid-Atlantic (June 16-18, Richmond VA); Ohayocon (Columbus, OH)

Further along there's Anime Weekend Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) and NanDesuKan (Denver, CO), Anime Expo (Anaheim, CA), A-Kon (Dallas, TX).

There are a ton more, but those cover the big ones.

Speaking of hot babes, how would you model a character who has the problematic power that everything her skin makes contact with, with the exception of her special resistant clothing, catches fire?

The only resistance the clothing has is to her own powers, but it's pretty much essential, because HER ENTIRE SKIN SURFACE causes things to ignite, even the soles of her feet. She needs to wear gloves to manipulate any object, eating is problematic (because she has to find a way to get food into her mouth without it touching her lips), and there are numerous other practical problems. She is not herself on fire, however.

what would be really disturbing is if she ignited objects that are not otherwise flammable (metal, stone, etc.).

Probably something like this:

Don't Touch Me: 1/2d6 Energy HKA, 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Damage Shield (+3/4), Persistent (+1/2), Sticky (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (47 Active Points), Always On Except When Wearing Special Clothes Over Applicable Portions Of Body (-1/4), STR Doesn't Add (-1/2). Real Cost: 27

Physical Limitation: Lights stuff on fire when she touches it except when wearing special clothes (Frequently, Fully) Point Bonus: 20

She is not herself on fire' date=' however.[/quote']

Sounds like Personal Immunity, but trying to define the clothes as part of that is tricky, plus the effect should then reach out through the clothing.

what would be really disturbing is if she ignited objects that are not otherwise flammable (metal' date=' stone, etc.).[/quote']

It would be easier to stat out, though. Transform should do the trick; Minor, since the damage isn't a direct effect, and nowhere near Killing anyway (stone on fire doesn't take damage at all, and everything can be put out normally). Call it Touch range, the clothes are an Unbreakable Focus - this is where the rules actually work to our advantage, because we don't want incoming attacks to shred her protective clothing. They'll just harm her instead. If she wants to wear armor, she could buy that as a separate Focus and wear that layer over her flame-retardant clothing. Reversion on the Transform, obviously, is "whatever would put out something on fire", where water usually does the trick.

All that's left is to restrict the Touch range to her skin. Is this where the Point of Origin rules would come into play, ghost-angel?

How would the writeup change if instead of setting things aflame' date=' skin contact caused other undesirable effects such as detonation (anything you touch explodes), freezing, being covered with an impenetrable layer of chocolate, etc?[/quote']

It could change; suddenly being on fire is a "surface" modification, it doesn't alter the essential nature of the object (though, that may soon result), but detonation and freezing internally alter the object. Chocolate, on the surface, doesn't seem to require a change, but since chocolate (unlike flames) will - by nature - "persist" without the object it is on needing to sustain the chocolate, I would go with a different build anyway:

Summon (Unbreakable Focus).

How would the writeup change if instead of setting things aflame' date=' skin contact caused other undesirable effects such as detonation (anything you touch explodes), freezing, being covered with an impenetrable layer of chocolate, etc?[/quote']

Change the SFX of Tornado's Power build - which is dead on IMO.

I'm a little late, but...

18 - Boys are so silly! *teehee*: Change Environment 8" radius, -1 OCV, -1 to DEX Rolls, -2 to INT Rolls, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (46 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Target can resist with successful EGO Roll (-1/2), Limited Power Only vs. those that can see her (-1/4), Gestures (Strike a pose!; -1/4)

Note: As I was writing this up, I saw a commercial with a "fatally dangerous flirt" that caused accidents as she distracted people. Synchronicity! :D

I'm a little late, but...

18 - Boys are so silly! *teehee*: Change Environment 8" radius, -1 OCV, -1 to DEX Rolls, -2 to INT Rolls, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (46 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Target can resist with successful EGO Roll (-1/2), Limited Power Only vs. those that can see her (-1/4), Gestures (Strike a pose!; -1/4)

Note: As I was writing this up, I saw a commercial with a "fatally dangerous flirt" that caused accidents as she distracted people. Synchronicity! :D

Wouldn't there be an additional limitation "Only affects those of the appropriate orientation"? Because I'm thinking that most straight women would find the behavior required to use this power annoying rather than appealing, and would thus be immune (or perhaps even hostile to the character, particularly if they are in the company of their beaus who have been hit with the full whammy, in which case -- claws out, it's cat-fight time!)

18 - Boys are so silly! *teehee*: Change Environment 8" radius' date=' -1 OCV, -1 to DEX Rolls, -2 to INT Rolls, Personal Immunity[/quote']

I saw this part and thought you might be able to take it out, anticipating a later "limited power: only on males" based on the name, but you didn't. Would women be affected the same way?

Here's an interesting question. If the power affected "males only", and the "Personal Immunity" advantage was left out, what would happen if a villain transformed her into a male?

Since this power isn't based on the character's current gender, presumably she would become fascinated by herself - sorry, he would become fascinated by himself. Taking it as "only for gendered characters of a gender other than the character's" would allow this to translate into affecting women should she became a male, and save points (for the Limitation) instead of costing them (for the Advantage).

I think the "Limited Power: only versus those that can see her" could be done with a Restrainable; cover her up with clothing, like the Medusa/Gorgon thread from a few weeks back. I'm still in favor of Comeliness with UAA, because the power (as it currently stands) affects people of all ages - including those who would still be too young for physical attractiveness to register that way (not that anyone would be likely to notice if that baby in the crib were to suddenly suffer an INT roll penalty).

OK changed my mind:

Most of the people on this board are nice.

Welcome to the Real World. Not everyone takes well to the "teehee" and "hugz" and all that jazz.

Relax, join the community, accept that not everyone will like you. It's a big world - room for everyone.

I saw this part and thought you might be able to take it out' date=' anticipating a later "limited power: only on males" based on the name, but you didn't. Would women be affected the same way?[/quote']

See above. The way i see it, the effect of the power would have to be limited to those on whom normal flirting could be reasonably expected to work -- that is, someone who is otherwise attracted to women. Thus it wouldn't work on straight women, children, eunuchs (and other genderless beings), or men who are so commited to homosexuality that they are offended by the idea of a woman flirting with them.

Here's an interesting question. If the power affected "males only", and the "Personal Immunity" advantage was left out, what would happen if a villain transformed her into a male?

Since this power isn't based on the character's current gender, presumably she would become fascinated by herself - sorry, he would become fascinated by himself. Taking it as "only for gendered characters of a gender other than the character's" would allow this to translate into affecting women should she became a male, and save points (for the Limitation) instead of costing them (for the Advantage).

I think the "Limited Power: only versus those that can see her" could be done with a Restrainable; cover her up with clothing, like the Medusa/Gorgon thread from a few weeks back. I'm still in favor of Comeliness with UAA, because the power (as it currently stands) affects people of all ages - including those who would still be too young for physical attractiveness to register that way (not that anyone would be likely to notice if that baby in the crib were to suddenly suffer an INT roll penalty).

This power seems to be about behavior as much as anything else. It need not have anything to do with what she's wearing -- she could even use it while dressed in a burkha or similarly concealing clothing because she is using things like choice of words, tone of voice and body language to get the desired effect.