My Players

mayapuppies

Well, the campaign is set to start in July (hopefully on my B-Day). The cast of players has been finalized and their characters are nearly complete. A couple need to finish their descriptions and backgrounds and one or two need to finish buying equipment, but other than that they are ready to roll.

So I present to you the cast of The Darkest Heart:

Artavan

"Isaac"

Mani

Schalk

Taldo

Now to find an artist for everyone.:sneaky:

Re: My Players

Ah the beauty of players completely unfamiliar with HERO System. I'm sure that will change as they "get older". :)

Considering the problems with stats being the same across character types I was thrilled they didn't bother. It seems that KS's "Profession Packages" supplied them enough.

I like Artavan's Lockpicks. Can't help but notice that he's a melee fighter (as in he fights in melee, not as in he's a Fighter) with almost no armor.

Isaac looks like fun - big, strong, slooow tin can. But he has no Sallets! If theres much combat in your game I'm betting he's going to buy up his speed right quick. His PRE attacks will be a blast for him.

Mani is a well-made character, with two glaring exceptions - Highest DEX in the party, speed 2. And her psi powers work on a 9- roll. Ouch. Great flexibility though.

Schalk's a.k.a. is amusing. I like how you have their backgrounds tieing into eachother allready - sign of a good GM.

A Thorgon!? I said to myself, especially when I saw his skills with ranged weapons - I was thinking Laser Rifle and that you'd lost your mind. Now that I think about it, Thorgon's make a great Fantasy race. Way to adapt the material to your needs!

Looks like you've got a great party on your hands. Right now, the characters (as well as the players) are inexperienced, and thats a good thing. I long for the days when I can GM a party like this one.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

There are some odd choices... and a few that circumvent standard rules (+3 INT for Perception purposes only - I am lookin right at you.)

As a GM, I'd likely lend the players a hand in these builds. Some of them are terribly weak for 50 pt characters, much less 75 pointers.

I like Artavan's Lockpicks. Can't help but notice that he's a melee fighter (as in he fights in melee' date=' not as in he's a Fighter) with almost no armor.[/quote']

Yeah he wants to portray a more "rounded" secret society operative.

Isaac looks like fun - big, strong, slooow tin can. But he has no Sallets! If theres much combat in your game I'm betting he's going to buy up his speed right quick. His PRE attacks will be a blast for him.

Pretty much a standard character type for Isaac (can't wait until he picks the characters name). I've been gaming with him for 17 or 18 years now.

Mani is a well-made character, with two glaring exceptions - Highest DEX in the party, speed 2. And her psi powers work on a 9- roll. Ouch. Great flexibility though.

My wife's character, she always plays mentalists and I think the butt-whooping her last couple took inspired her to make this one with martial arts. I was a bit negligent in telling her about the low Psionics roll, mainly due to her short-circuiting my campaigns with psionics. Up until I met her, I had not ever had a single player with psionics in all of my 27 years of gaming.:nonp:

Schalk's a.k.a. is amusing. I like how you have their backgrounds tieing into eachother allready - sign of a good GM.

Another new player, the player is 19 and VERY new to PnP gaming in general. He's a quit wit in real life so he ought to be amusing. Tying in the players is the first thing I strive for as they make their characters...it's also the time I begin developing the campaign. I have always let the players create whatever they wanted to play (within reason of course) and then had to work at tying their disparaging histories...sometimes a lot of work, but this time it nearly wrote itself.

A Thorgon!? I said to myself, especially when I saw his skills with ranged weapons - I was thinking Laser Rifle and that you'd lost your mind. Now that I think about it, Thorgon's make a great Fantasy race. Way to adapt the material to your needs!

I've actually used nearly all of the Terran Empire Book races in this game world. I had dreams of writing up a licensed supplement for HERO Games with it, so I wanted it to tie in with the Universe. As it stands all of these races were on this planet or in the "general vicinity" when the planet was shifted into a parallel plane.

Looks like you've got a great party on your hands. Right now, the characters (as well as the players) are inexperienced, and thats a good thing. I long for the days when I can GM a party like this one.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

It's been a long time since I've had an inexperienced party and I'm very much looking forward to it.

• Artavan: Player is 35 with many many years of D&D and almost no experience with Hero. Met him at work and have never gamed with him. Practicing Buddhist and Software Tester.
  • "Isaac": Known the player since he was 10 (now 28). Best friend for longer than I care to remember. Ex-Marine currently working construction with his dad's company, wants to be a cop.
  • Mani: My wife and consistent player of psions and lover of felines (35 as well). Hates combat to the point of nearly pouting during it. Loves good plotlines but has a hard time dealing my style of making the players earn every bit of info. Systems Engineer and Database Analyst.
  • Schalk: Known him for about 6 years through the community that grew up around my Mod for Tribes (19 years old now). Smart kid and brought him on as a writer for my indie game company. Never gamed with him before. Full-time Student
  • Taldo: Met him about 5 years ago (26 years old now). Consistently plays Elven Rangers of the non-magical sort. Likes to prove he knows more than the rest of the players...unfortunately he won't do the learning to actually know more. Borderline rules lawyer in Rolemaster but I'm weaning him away from it. Army Reserves and driver for a lumber company.

(BTW, do your players read these threads? What level of spoiler-ness should we provide when talking about this stuff?)

So, um, if you are playing in this game, skip this post please!

I like the initial outline, looks like a good storyline to ease the players into the game. As I'm currently ending a high-level D&D game, the low quantity of combat is refreshing too. :)

I did notice one error though: it's "berm". :)