Berserker

Legiokot

Re: Berserker

Whoa. A few points to make:

1. 100 STR is really really high. Make sure your GM is OK with that, because you'll do a lotta damage with melee.

2. You need more than 0 CON. I think at 0 CON you aren't technically alive. (Then again, I see Automaton under powers so maybe this is correct).

3. +10 with all combat? Again, this seems excessive and you should talk to your GM.

4. Some powers seem redundant like the 20d6 Energy Blast and the 3d6+1 RKA.

Of course, maybe you are the GM. In that case, I hope your players are extremely powerful if you want them to beat it.

Thank you for the advice. I am the GM. The powers are redundant. I hadn't really thought of that. Bye-bye energy blast. The reason it's so powerful is because I don't want it to be beaten in conventional ways, but if they do find a way, I want to have the stats for it. Thanks =D

Some comments:

1. Takes No Stun and Cannot Be Stunned are redundant.

2. Even though he's a golem, he's subject to poison and disease like any normal person. I'd think he should at least be immune to most diseases and poisons, maybe being affected by some magical ones.

3. He has 15 resistant PD and ED, and 50% Damage Reduction. That's pretty much going to make him invulnerable to anything most Fantasy Hero characters can muster.

4. You gave him Damage Resistance for 60 Mental Defense - yet he doesn't have any Mental Defense to make resistant.

5. You gave him Reduced Endurance for his STR - but only for 8 points of it. The other 92 points of STR cost full END.

6. You only gave him a few extra inches of Running. He's 25' tall, and lightning fast - he should probably have more Running.

7. He probably deserves a Distinctive Feature, a Hunted, and some other Disads for being so very... berserk.

8. I notice that, despite giving him the name Berserker, you didn't even give him Enraged. :)

This would be my version. I would expect this creature to kill every one of the PCs in my fantasy game. And they were ~250 points by the end of the campaign.

Could you print out a PDF or plain text version and post it? I think you have excellent advice so far, but I'm curious to see what you've got.

Ditto on the "how many points do the PCs get?" question. 100 STR isn't a berzerker, it's a god.

Wow, thank you, AlHazred. That's perfect. :thumbup:

What I meant by conventional methods... I don't want them to hack it to death, I want them to try and trigger a landslide on it or something to that effect, something that takes thought and planning.