Help Wanted : Boost Power

BomburTrollbane

I'm looking to create a 'boost' ability for a character. +10 Str +30 Dex +5 Spd +6" Running +Damage Reduction. However I want the character to take 'Stress' damage while the power is on. So a couple questions:

1) Is there Power Limitation for Linked Powers anymore? I just got my 5th Edition book, and I couldn't find one.

2) How do I do the 'Stress' damage? It works similar to a Side-Effect, but I'm not sure how to arrange a Side Effect to work on an 'ongoing' power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Linked has been clarified in 5th & now works with the new/previously misunderstood multi-power attacks.

Basically, if you have several powers that can only go off together, then you can link them and get a limit. One classic example is the strobe laser that does damage and blinds it's targets. You can't choose to just blind them it, they will also be hurt, so you buy the flash attack with the linked limitation to reflect that it cannot be used without the energy blast it is linked to.

I don't think that is what you are doing here. You just have alot of characteristics bought so they can only be used for short periods of time. You can't really "fire off" a +30 dex and damage reduction toghether, so they don't get a limit for being linked. The fact that they are always used togther is just the consequence of the special effect you are using and doesn't hurt the character at all. Therefore it is not a limit.

As for the "Stress"...

Side effects can be bought to go off all they way through the power, or only when it is started. The latter option is probably the way to go for this character.

Pushing yourself

Str+ 10, Dex +30, +5 SPD, Running+6", Damage Reduction %

P. 201 Side effects;

Section [When side effects occur]

2nd paragraph (Occurs EVERY time it's used)

Section [ Nature of Side effect]

3rd paragraph ( Short term side effect)

I figure it this way;

Every time you activate "boost" (ALL of them at once)

you start to suffer ill effects. Similiar to Pushing a power,

I would suggest that you make the side effect appropriate.

In the case of most illicit drugs (Steroids, Cocaine) the

side effect would be most likely [Dependence & Berserk]

If it is through other means (super-soldier serum, magic spell) then perhaps you have to go on a mission to pay for

the 'rare' elements [ Monitor , NCI big time!] or go without and suffer possible side effects {Dependence}.

Maybe you suffer a DRAIN (endurance?) [Like a PUSH]

The side effect in these cases is NO MORE then (-1/2)

assuming a MINIMUM of 40 pts of Side Effect (Power=162 pts+)

and that it ALWAYS OCCURS (x2).