Teen Champions PCs vs Minuteman.

Herolover

Re: Teen Champions PCs vs Minuteman.

I'm all about consistancy, so I wouldn't lower the power level of the baddies. I would use an old D&D trick. Remember the times when you're walking through a dungeon and you find this ultra-powerful magic item, but it only has 1 charge. You go into the next room and see a HUGE monster that would utterly destroy you, and you have to get past him. Now you know what that 1 shot magic item is for.

Now that is obviously a very simplistic example, but it still applies. What I would do in Champions games if I were GM and the players had to fight something more powerful than they can, is I would set up the enviornment with something that can damage the big guy. Then when the PC's get where I want them to be for the fight, pick the guy that is the weakest in combat, or hasn't seen the spotlight in some time, or has taken some skills that he knew he would never use, but it made sense for his character to have (like KS: Wine) and make his KS: Wine skill roll. Then when you tell him he made it, tell him he looks around and sees these items and he knows (since he's so knowledgeable about wines) that if mixes this stuff with wine, it will create a huge explosion.

That's how I handle it when the players have to fight something that is way more than they can handle.

Re: Teen Champions PCs vs Minuteman.

Never underestimate your players, I once did a story where there were these giant (Should be next to imposible to damage) robots, the idea was to get the control council to turn them off, well the players started doing NCM move throughs, (Giant robots were -2 DCV do to size), the damage from the tank was taking one out per hit...