Superhero/superhero related miniatures?

dei1c3

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I am wondering where (on-line or in the Seattle, WA area) you all get your miniatures for use with Champions?

Ideally, I'm looking for a decent selection of semi-generic heroes (maybe a caped, un-caped and brick for each sex) as well as a few guys in business suits (corporate types are the true villians, heh heh) and goons (uniformed as well as plain clothes).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Chris

Earlier threads have discussed using Heroclix as Champions minis and I have to report great success. There are hundreds to choose from and are available rather cheaply if you don't care what the point value is. I've made figures for all of my players and npc's. I use an X-acto to cut off the Clix disk and Zap-a-gap to glue them onto Citadel round bases that fit into 1" hexes. I've also had success with using Sculpy to make capes and such.

Let me add that I have no real artistic talent and a DEX of 7, but with the exception of a careless near-amputation, it's been super easy.

If I can get this digital camera to work, I'll post a few pics.

Originally posted by RevHooligan

Earlier threads have discussed using Heroclix as Champions minis and I have to report great success. There are hundreds to choose from and are available rather cheaply if you don't care what the point value is. I've made figures for all of my players and npc's. I use an X-acto to cut off the Clix disk and Zap-a-gap to glue them onto Citadel round bases that fit into 1" hexes. I've also had success with using Sculpy to make capes and such.

Let me add that I have no real artistic talent and a DEX of 7, but with the exception of a careless near-amputation, it's been super easy.

If I can get this digital camera to work, I'll post a few pics.

Please do!

Re: Superhero/superhero related miniatures?

Originally posted by dei1c3

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I am wondering where (on-line or in the Seattle, WA area) you all get your miniatures for use with Champions?

Ideally, I'm looking for a decent selection of semi-generic heroes (maybe a caped, un-caped and brick for each sex) as well as a few guys in business suits (corporate types are the true villians, heh heh) and goons (uniformed as well as plain clothes).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Chris

Here are some suggestions

Plastic minis, cheap and great selection-

Heroclix as mentioned above provide a wide variety of superfigures for ver low prices, there are also some nice "side line figures" such as police, swat team members and various agent types.

Here is a service I've used to order individual clix, no problems with them at all.

Ikon distribution

http://www.iconusa3.com/online/HC_MIC_singles.htm

Metal Minis, not as cheap but more durable, don't tend to warp in heat

There are two nice lines out. The first is Superfigs which has a very nice and extensive selection of common Genre types.

Take a look for yourself here

Superfigs.net

http://www.fourcolorfigs.com/catalog.html

The other line is Lance and Laser's Living Legends line of minis, They are more specifically detailed and less generic but also come in a nice variety. The only problem with this line is that half are in a slight 25mm and the other half in a bolder 28mm scale. The lesser ones can look a little puny.

25mm, running at about $2.50 per

01010 F.I.S.T.

01011 Mercury Mercenary

01012 Temper

01013 Vulture

01014 Bull

01015 Shrew

01016 Evergreen

01017 Enforcer

01018 Dreamweaver

01019 Manta Man

01020 Blizzard

01021 Laserfire

01022 Mocker

01023 Hornet

01024 Shocker

01025 Mace

01026 Stormlord

01027 Marionette w/Mocker

28mm, running about $2.95 per

01028 Shatterman

01029 Condor

01030 Omni-Man

01031 Gauntlet

01032 Black America

01033 Shutterbug

01034 Napalm

01035 Frigia

01036 Knight Owl

01037 Nemesis

01038 Rapidfire

01040 Dr.Micron

w/Mini Dr. Micron

01041 Flexo-Man

01042 Aquarena

01043 Mouser

01044 Americana

01045 Bluejay

01046 Gazelle

01047 Maxima

01048 Motivator

01049 Titanos

01050 Chess Agents

(Dove & Knight)

01051 InterCrime Agents

(Assassin & Power Infantry)

Nemesis is a generic female, sans hair, rapidfire is a generic male sans hair.

Lance and Laser, see the pics for yourself

http://www.lance-and-laser.com/

There are a few other options such as digging up a set of Grenadier licensed Champions figures but they can be hard to find and expensive. as a cheaper option Steve Jackson Games is re-releasing a set of Cardboard heroes: Modern heroes, which will likely include supers and other modern figures.