Weird Build Question

CrosshairCollie

Okay ... this is complicated. :)

Cutting it down to the relevant aspects of the character:

Character has two forms, powered and not. The transformation is done via Multiform.

While in her powered form, she can Duplicate. The Duplication power has Ranged Recombination and Easy Recombination.

Now, what I need to do is: If the main body ever powers down, the duplicates automatically recombine (in game terms ... in in-character terms, since she just depowered, they simply wink out of existance).

A limitation, at least in theory (it definitely blows the 'I can't be that superhero, we've been seen together in public!' trick apart), but I'm not sure what Limitation (a Lockout?) on which power on which character. :)

Thoughts?

Re: Weird Build Question

Okay ... this is complicated. :)

Cutting it down to the relevant aspects of the character:

Character has two forms, powered and not. The transformation is done via Multiform.

While in her powered form, she can Duplicate. The Duplication power has Ranged Recombination and Easy Recombination.

Now, what I need to do is: If the main body ever powers down, the duplicates automatically recombine (in game terms ... in in-character terms, since she just depowered, they simply wink out of existance).

A limitation, at least in theory (it definitely blows the 'I can't be that superhero, we've been seen together in public!' trick apart), but I'm not sure what Limitation (a Lockout?) on which power on which character. :)

Thoughts?

I fail to see where anything is being limited. It's just how Multiform works. I don't think this is any different than if you had an EB or Claws or anything else.

Yup. When she changes back' date=' she no longer has the Duplication power and therefore not the duplicates and that's all there is to it.[/quote']

Though, it should be noted that, unless they recombine before she powers down, when she transforms again the duplicates will all reappear where ever they were when she was last in her super mode.

Though' date=' it should be noted that, unless they recombine before she powers down, when she transforms again the duplicates will all reappear where ever they were when she was last in her super mode.[/quote']

Hmmm...maybe a Trigger on the recombination is needed to prevent that. Sorry, CC - we just moved your limitation to an adder! ;)

I fail to see where anything is being limited. It's just how Multiform works. I don't think this is any different than if you had an EB or Claws or anything else.

Or the Vehicle/Base conundrum that, somehow, these vanish if the character shifts form to a form that didn't pay for them.

CC, thinking on it, I think you've already achieved the cost savings. The base character did not purchase Duplication, so the base character can't Duplicate. If the base character had Duplication and Multiform, he could duplicate and each of the duplicates could choose to stay in base form or swap to armor form.

Or the Vehicle/Base conundrum that, somehow, these vanish if the character shifts form to a form that didn't pay for them.

CC, thinking on it, I think you've already achieved the cost savings. The base character did not purchase Duplication, so the base character can't Duplicate. If the base character had Duplication and Multiform, he could duplicate and each of the duplicates could choose to stay in base form or swap to armor form.

Point. This is my first real attempt to fiddle with Duplication, so my brain isn't wrapping around it well. ;)

Another question on the same subject ... my Hero Designer doesn't list it, but is there anything for Duplication that works like Reversion does for Multiform, where if the Duplicate gets Knocked Out it automatically winks out/recombines? For this character, they all have full Feedback (Duplicates and Base character), so if one's knocked out, odds are they're *all* knocked out. Or would I need to just have the power Cost END every phase?